Getting ready to take the plunge....?

/ Getting ready to take the plunge....?
Once I get a hold of a tractor, I'll never want to let it go /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I bought my Gravely riding mower in 1992, and I am still having a hard time wanting to sell it. That money will go towards my tractor though. I sure do love that mower. I've even upgraded to a nice Scag and still keep the old Gravely maintained and use it once in awhile.

If I feel this way about a lawn mower, I'm sure it will only worse with tractor /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dave

/ Getting ready to take the plunge....? #12  
Hey Willy,
I just wanted to ditto what Kioti John said. As for reselling an slightly used tractor, with low interest rates and buying incentives on new ones, you have to be able to see clear that you will keep the new tractor 3 years minimum. Even after three years, I'm afraid you might loose money, but not as bad as it would be after one year. There have been a few posts on here of fellows that bought and wanted to trade up or down, and they felt the dealer was sticking it to em. In reality, the dealer can't give near retail for it, and folks shopping for a tractor don't want to pay in the same ballpark for a used one as you would for a new one.
I'm just over two years with mine now, and don't know what I'd do without it. I don't even miss the payment anymore. I had the same concern as you do, and worried how the tractor payment would fit into our budget. Heck, I paid more for my tractor than I had ever paid for a car (at that time anyway). Seemed crazy, but I'm darn glad I did.
Good luck with your decision!
Moon of Ohio

/ Getting ready to take the plunge....? #13  
I've owned my BX for three years, and if I had to sell or trade it I'd loose thousands. Probably closer to 7 to get even with the cost of tractors increasing. As I said before, if you know who has owned the tractor (as the 1920) you can be real comfortable in the purchase. If not, who knows. Save the green and buy the 1920 if you like it.

/ Getting ready to take the plunge....?
Called another local dealer today. They quoted the L3830, w/FEL and heavy duty rd. back bucket, R4 tires, GST tranny, 4wd, bolt in tooth bucket, for $19550. This was $1450 cheaper than the last place. Still seems a little too good to be true, but hopefully I'll know for sure tomorrow.

I close on my land Weds!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Going to have to find a tractor soon /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,
DAve