getting rid of a robin sound gun?

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #31  
Ryan, I want to apologise for my initial response/post. I misunderstood your thread title as wanting to get rid of a robin's sound with a gun. That you said that you've fired off a BB gun at it only compounded my impression.

I understand now that you want to get rid of a robin with a sound-gun.

I'm sorry for your situation and I hope,for your sake, that your contraption works... but it's a forlorn hope at best.

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun?
Ryan, I want to apologise for my initial response/post. I misunderstood your thread title as wanting to get rid of a robin's sound with a gun. That you said that you've fired off a BB gun at it only compounded my impression.

I understand now that you want to get rid of a robin with a sound-gun.

I'm sorry for your situation and I hope,for your sake, that your contraption works... but it's a forlorn hope at best.

no worries, (been there done that). was not in my right mind as was, just hope i have won the battle with the robin.

first time i have had a descent 5 plus hours worth of sleep, in last few weeks.

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #33  
I miss having a rooster and a peacock. Few animal sounds bother me.

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #34  
Boggen, so how goes the "war of the robins" ?:)

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #35  
Mossroad hit it right. The robin is considering boggen as a threat to a nearby nest and the bird's "following" him part is the birds attempt to shoo him out of the area.
There are certainly sounds that effect some more than others. I cannot tell you the charge that goes through me when a fork scrapes along a plate and yet fingernails across a black board doesn't faze me.

I'm not sure how one conveys to a bird that one is friend (or ambivalent) more than a threat. So as to not have it happen again, try and find the nest and remove it or else robins have a tendency to reuse a previously built nest.

Last edited:
   / getting rid of a robin sound gun? #36  
   / getting rid of a robin sound gun?
early dawn just as there is a bit of light (no sun yet), and then same at dusk. other wised moved on. most of the dawn/dusk is with all the other birds.

caught it once on the fence post around home for the dogs. saw me an flew away.

caught it another time in front yard (early morning still some dew on the grass) and it flew away when it saw me.

caught it 5 times over last couple days in another tree.

seems like it has some attachment issues still. then again could be another robin. but most part. all good and seems to have moved on.

so good, ended up having a good night rest, and ended up over doing myself the next day *doh*

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #38  
so good, ended up having a good night rest, and ended up over doing myself the next day *doh*

Congratulations:cloud9:

I hear a whip-poor-will in the distance. No problem. If it gets too ear my window again, I'll consider cutting back some tall shrubs.

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #39  
We have some of the tallest trees around. Grackles, or sometimes mistakenly called Starlings, like to hangout in the tallest trees. When about 100 of them start talking at the same time it gets a little irritating. A bottle rocket shoos them away. One singing robin would be nice.

/ getting rid of a robin sound gun? #40  
Chevy Chases solution: