Getting rid of the dyno with an alternator

/ Getting rid of the dyno with an alternator #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
Would Like to upgrade my B 7510 to the 40 amp alternator. I know the dealers sell them but I can also get them on elsewhere, Ebay, etc...

Question is....... Is there a whole alternator kit? (ebay just has the alternator)
.........just replace the dyno with the new alternator :)
.........Use original belt or is a new belt needed?
......... Any new wiring harnesses?:confused:

Any dircetion would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys...

/ Getting rid of the dyno with an alternator #2  
On my B7800, the alternator kit included a new belt and wiring harness, also a shorter engine oil dipstick. The alternator has a built-in voltage regulator while the dynamo does not, hence the wiring harness. (Perhaps somebody more competent than me could figure out the wiring changes.) A longer belt is necessary. The alternator interferes with the dipstick tube, so a stubby dipstick with no tube was in the kit, but I tweaked the bends in the tube so I could use the original longer dipstick (and not have to remove the side panel to check the oil level).

/ Getting rid of the dyno with an alternator #3  
The alternator upgrade kit is available through Kubota whole goods. You want to talk to the sales department rather than the parts department. The sales department can order the kit, as where the parts will just have the alternator. When I bought my tractor, the kit was cheaper than I thought just and alternator should cost. I would call Messicks or one of the other dealers and see what they have. Mine came with a wiring harness, belt, alternator, and dipstick and tube.

/ Getting rid of the dyno with an alternator #4  
My alt kit came with alternator, alt bracket, belt, several bolts and spacers, wiring harness, diptstick, and bypass plug for the external regulator. To do a nice clean install, including wire looming and zip tying everything took me about 2 hours. The kit cost me $170, and my dealer gave me inhouse credit for the dynamo. This is a must have upgrade.

Tim

/ Getting rid of the dyno with an alternator #5  
You should have the kit.If you dont youll have to redesign the wiring on your tractor.There are things that are discontinued and new ends for the new.Alarger main fuse.different bracketts for mounting the new one[old might not work[it didnt on mine.]All this comes with the kit to avoid all this nightmare of a hassle.Its also cheaper than buying the alternator alone at the parts counter!!Ask your dealer to look it up in wholegoods.
ALAN

/ Getting rid of the dyno with an alternator
Thanks for the input guys. Guess I'll check with the dealers then...Actually I'll ask when I get my tractor back...

Noise in the drive train when in 4 wheel drive... Yeah the fluid level is fine...Something in the transfer case or the fwd axel..

It'll be a week now w/o it Thank god for the rain...otherwise I'd be twice as miserable.