Getting the wheel/tire combination I want on a new tractor

/ Getting the wheel/tire combination I want on a new tractor #1  

Hendey T&G

Tractor
2007 Branson 4720
I'm looking at a Mahindra 5145 and twice now I've been told I can't get R-4 tires with the 2 piece width adjustable wheels.
They can get R-1 Ag tires like that but not R-4s. I pointed out that the factory brochure shows the wheel/tire combo I want
but have been told they can't get them like that. Is the this the sign of a dealer not willing to go the extra mile or am I being unreasonable?
My property is very hilly and I need to get the wheels out as wide as possible. They told me I could turn the factory 1 piece wheels around and switch sides with them but there's no adjustment. I was also told I could use spacers but I don't want spacers.
Picture of brochure attached.

IMG_0465 - Copy.jpg

/ Getting the wheel/tire combination I want on a new tractor #2  
Get the R1 tires, especially on hillsides.

/ Getting the wheel/tire combination I want on a new tractor
I don't mind R-1s I just like the idea of the tougher side walls on R-4s.
I think part of my land was cleared with a big slasher and there are many punji sticks to contend with.

/ Getting the wheel/tire combination I want on a new tractor #4  
The dealer is incorrect.... an R4 rim is much wider / deeper. You cannot "turn them around or swap side to side

1675812119056.jpeg

Vs. an R1 rim:

1675812284762.jpeg

Don't forget the R4's are much wider to begin with. The new R14's fit on R4 rims and are also wider.

/ Getting the wheel/tire combination I want on a new tractor #5  
The dealer is incorrect.... an R4 rim is much wider / deeper. You cannot "turn them around or swap side to side

View attachment 782911
Vs. an R1 rim:

View attachment 782913

Don't forget the R4's are much wider to begin with. The new R14's fit on R4 rims and are also wider.

You are correct, 1 piece R4 rims as you have pictured cannot be turned. The OP has a picture of R4s on 2 piece adjustable rims on the tractor that he wants.
His posted picture is an OEM brochure picture with factory supplied tires and wheels. The 2 piece R4 rims are common on full sized utility tractors, I have them on my tractor. Maybe Titan has not caught up with their back logs, but the 2 piece R4 rims are indeed available and were a std item for Mahindra utility sized tractors.

Attachments

• P5270010.JPG
    P5270010.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
   / Getting the wheel/tire combination I want on a new tractor #6  
I bought R4s for 2 of my tractors. I was thinking the wider tires would be better on hills. I was wrong, They slide sideways on hills, don’t grip well. Last tractor I got R1, which are almost as wide as the R4s I had before. Will never get R4s again.

/ Getting the wheel/tire combination I want on a new tractor #7  
You can get wide (or narrow) R-1’s with higher load capacities for loader work. I have some pretty heavy duty R-1’s on mine

/ Getting the wheel/tire combination I want on a new tractor #8  
I think that the OP wants what is suppose to be a std no cost option for the tractor that he wants to get.
There are all kinds of options if you want to pay additional $$$$ which most people seem to prefer not to do.

/ Getting the wheel/tire combination I want on a new tractor #9  
I guess I would contact another dealer and see if it comes the way you wish.

/ Getting the wheel/tire combination I want on a new tractor #10  
I think that the OP wants what is suppose to be a std no cost option for the tractor that he wants to get.
There are all kinds of options if you want to pay additional $$$$ which most people seem to prefer not to do.
I don’t know if that’s true or not. One thing I do know, once you buy them you’re kind of stuck with them, so make sure you get what you want.