Getting to know my tractor

/ Getting to know my tractor #1  

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100E Kubota L 2501 Kubota T1460
Ive searched the web for videos that show very specific procedures for using my new tractor ( Kubota L2501 ) including removing and re installing FEL and backhoe and have come up with nothing except videos several years old and non specific to my model.

I would have thought Kubota itself would have made instructional videos?

Im also looking for instructional videos if avail on proper usage of the machine in the field, general how tos, doos and donts?

Kubota should offer a video on proper backhoe usage, front end loader usage ect.

I read posts on here from guys that claim to be old men now and driving/using a tractor since they were knee high to a grasshopper that Im sure have forgotten more than I will ever know about tractor usage but who making the videos so us newbies can feel a little more confident?

Where can these vidoes be found?

/ Getting to know my tractor
Ive tried joining another forum ( orange talk I think its called ) a few months ago, wouldnt let me join, said I failed the human test, sent an e-mail to admin. and never got a reply back.

I only mention that cause someone here suggested I should join over there.

/ Getting to know my tractor
Im thinking this video How to remove a loader on a Kubota L Series - YouTube may work for my model?

Does the loader then need to be on a perfectly flat hard surface? I dont have access to this on my property, surely there has to be a way around this, we all arent working under ideal paved surfaces.

/ Getting to know my tractor #5  
YouTube is a great resource, but not the end-all in tractor information. If you haven't taken delivery of your machine yet, you could ask the dealer to demo these tasks upon delivery. Even after the sale a dealer worth their salt should send someone over (if local) to demo the removal if you are having problems.

Usage varies, but in over 15 years I have never felt the need to remove my fel. Don't have a backhoe, but I suspect there is more work involved.

/ Getting to know my tractor #6  
Your dealer should be able to walk you through the entire process of removing and installing both FEL and BH. I personally can't see me ever taking my FEL off of mine for any reason. Maybe it will happen someday, but I doubt it. If nothing else, the FEL is a front ballast for when I have something hanging off the 3 pt. Just taking the bucket off alone can free up clearance room if it's a tight turning situation, and that's pretty fast and painless to do (love SSQA).

As to the BH, with only one tractor, yeah I can see needing to take that on and off. That is probably the one I would want the dealer to show me how to do live and in person when I picked up the machine.

/ Getting to know my tractor #7  
While not machine specific, asktractormike.com has a large amount of tractor info.

/ Getting to know my tractor #8  
Ive searched the web for video.

I read posts on here from guys that claim to be old men now and driving/using a tractor since they were knee high to a grasshopper that Im sure have forgotten more than I will ever know about tractor usage but who making the videos so us newbies can feel a little more confident?
Confidence comes from experience! No better teacher!

/ Getting to know my tractor #9  
Yes you can spend an hour or 2 going over everything with the dealer once delivered. You can also do it at the dealership before delivery if you have time. I had a month between purchase and delivery (my choice) so I used that time on the weekends to go to the dealership and spend hours with the machine. The dealer helped me with whatever I needed (adding removing backhoe, putting on implements, etc).

/ Getting to know my tractor #10  
make YouTube your friend :) I just search for what I am looking for about my tractor, even though much of it is not tractor specific for me. It is all still great information. With your FEL make sure after you load your bucket you keep the bucket low for center of gravity while travelling. You don't want to be turning with it high in the air if possible, it could get you into a tipping situation. Watch videos on how to travel up and down hills, loaded bucket, unloaded, implements on back, etc. All great information. Look up videos on hydrostatic tractors if that is what you have, your pedals are really not like an automobile gas pedal, the more you push it does not mean the more power you get.