Getting to know my tractor

/ Getting to know my tractor #21  
You also are getting a backhoe. I strongly suggest that you have a level concrete pad to keep it on when not on the tractor , long enough so that the tractor will also fit on it. This could save a lot of time, the skin on your knuckles, and avoid overuse of certain socially unacceptable 4 letter words.

Don't ask me how I know that.

I don’t have much of a problem with the Kioti and LS backhoe sitting on uneven surface. It’s only adds about 15 seconds more to the already short install time and no curse words need be involved.

/ Getting to know my tractor
Thanks for the comments and links, I have a 40 ft storage container that has some tools and a Ford Ranger inside, Im pretty confident ( its gonna happen one way or another ) that I can get the tractor stored inside there as well, I have approx 18-20 feet to spare.

I will prob never remove the FEL like most of you but the backhoe will be removed when not in use.

I need to be confident that I can get things un-attached and attached inside my container without damaging my truck.

I only drive the truck into town when I have too, dont take it out of the container often.

/ Getting to know my tractor #23  
Thanks for the comments and links, I have a 40 ft storage container that has some tools and a Ford Ranger inside, Im pretty confident ( its gonna happen one way or another ) that I can get the tractor stored inside there as well, I have approx 18-20 feet to spare.

I will prob never remove the FEL like most of you but the backhoe will be removed when not in use.

I need to be confident that I can get things un-attached and attached inside my container without damaging my truck.

I only drive the truck into town when I have too, dont take it out of the container often.

Just make sure you have your tires filled or some sort of weight on the back. Your backhoe adds plenty of weight but with it off you will be light in the rear when doing bucket work, lifting or just getting power to the ground without breaking traction.

/ Getting to know my tractor #24  

You are keeping your Kubota 6100 for rear mowing/brush hog/grading correct? If this is still the case I don't see you needing to remove the BH too often, and as others have said its a great counter weight.

You also have the manuals now too so start reading now and you will know what to do when at the dealer. As far as the storage container and taking BH on/off inside the container you typically need to put the outriggers down as part of the removal so you need about 7' wide to do this. Also for ease of storage and moving I built a dolly for the BH to sit on during the winter when I have the rear blade or snowblower on for snow. This makes it easy to roll around and position for removal and replacement.

The dolly inside your container would allow you to move to one side to get access to your other stuff. In reality you probably wont take it off/on very much - mine goes on in the spring and off in the fall - takes 10 min - it takes longer to put the 3PT arms back on.

You will learn over time - read up on your machine and when you do the dealer visit just provide your expectations at delivery. Also since you are buying local or in state, and spending more $ (think you said $1700) more I would ask the dealer to include the 50Hr maintenance in the deal - that's about $300 or so to change out all the fluids and filters. If he doesn't budge, at least get the UDT fluids and filters in the deal and do it your self.

Best of luck in the process.

Carl

Attachments

• BH Dolly.JPG
    BH Dolly.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 51
  • SB Dolly.JPG
    SB Dolly.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 51
You are keeping your Kubota 6100 for rear mowing/brush hog/grading correct? If this is still the case I don't see you needing to remove the BH too often, and as others have said its a great counter weight.

You also have the manuals now too so start reading now and you will know what to do when at the dealer. As far as the storage container and taking BH on/off inside the container you typically need to put the outriggers down as part of the removal so you need about 7' wide to do this. Also for ease of storage and moving I built a dolly for the BH to sit on during the winter when I have the rear blade or snowblower on for snow. This makes it easy to roll around and position for removal and replacement.

The dolly inside your container would allow you to move to one side to get access to your other stuff. In reality you probably wont take it off/on very much - mine goes on in the spring and off in the fall - takes 10 min - it takes longer to put the 3PT arms back on.

You will learn over time - read up on your machine and when you do the dealer visit just provide your expectations at delivery. Also since you are buying local or in state, and spending more $ (think you said $1700) more I would ask the dealer to include the 50Hr maintenance in the deal - that's about $300 or so to change out all the fluids and filters. If he doesn't budge, at least get the UDT fluids and filters in the deal and do it your self.

Best of luck in the process.

Carl

Thanks yes I'm keeping the b series, they offered me $1,000 trade in no way!

I can't remember what the width of the storage container is I'll have to look it up I hope it's going to be wide enough.

I love the idea of the dolly, I didn't think of it so thanks for that.

I've already made the deal with the dealer I'm not the type of person to try to change the deal to get a better deal but that's what I should have initially done I guess

/ Getting to know my tractor #26  
Most 20' sea type containers are 8' outside width and 7'6" or so inside width and per the BH77 stabilizers spread is 69"

BH77
Transport height in. 80"
Stabilizer spread transport in. 51"
Ground clearance in. 11.5"
Digging depth, 2ft. flat bottom in. 89.9"
Loading height in. 65.7"
Reach from swing pivot in. 124"
Swing pivot to rear axle center line in. 37.6
Bucket rotation deg. 180 degrees
Stabilizer spread operating in. 69"

As far as a dolly - you can buy 2 of these dollys at HD 18" x30" $15 each and build the wood platform on top for a quick and inexpensive dolly setup. https://www.homedepot.com/p/800-lb-Capacity-Wood-Moving-Dolly-WFD1830/202259417

So when is the big day you get delivery?

Most 20' sea type containers are 8' outside width and 7'6" or so inside width and per the BH77 stabilizers spread is 69"

BH77
Transport height in. 80"
Stabilizer spread transport in. 51"
Ground clearance in. 11.5"
Digging depth, 2ft. flat bottom in. 89.9"
Loading height in. 65.7"
Reach from swing pivot in. 124"
Swing pivot to rear axle center line in. 37.6
Bucket rotation deg. 180 degrees
Stabilizer spread operating in. 69"

As far as a dolly - you can buy 2 of these dollys at HD 18" x30" $15 each and build the wood platform on top for a quick and inexpensive dolly setup. https://www.homedepot.com/p/800-lb-Capacity-Wood-Moving-Dolly-WFD1830/202259417

So when is the big day you get delivery?

First weekend of next month. I'm gonna leave early the Fri prior so I can get over to the dealer and have him demonstrate the tractor better.

I have a high cube container and I am glad for the extra headroom.

Thanks for the link

/ Getting to know my tractor #28  
First weekend of next month. I'm gonna leave early the Fri prior so I can get over to the dealer and have him demonstrate the tractor better.

I have a high cube container and I am glad for the extra headroom.

Thanks for the link

1930 . . . just go out and use it. . . you will figure it out. . . you will become an expert in no time . . .:drink:

1930 . . . just go out and use it. . . you will figure it out. . . you will become an expert in no time . . .:drink:

Or die trying:thumbsup: