GL3240 HST - 50 hr service

/ GL3240 HST - 50 hr service #1  

Brent C.

Guys a question regarding the 50 hr service on the Grand L's.

I am ready for my 50 hr service and the maintenance guidelines for the GL 3240 HST does NOT report to change the transmission fluid till 400 hrs. I typically lean towards the cautious side and would think that better safe than sorry and change the transmission fluid while changing the transmission filter? My dealer indicated that it would not be a bad idea.

I guess for those of you that operate the Grand L series what has been your experience or suggestion regarding the changing of the transmission fluid while doing all of the other 50 hr service work?

Your help is appreciated.

Brent

/ GL3240 HST - 50 hr service #2  
I will be needing to do my 50 hour soon to so I am interested in the answer. I agree with you that it is probably a good idea to change the fluid and filter at the same time. That is probably what I will do. I also plan to switch to synthetic motor oil at that time.

/ GL3240 HST - 50 hr service #3  
Brent-
I have an L3830 HST with about 275 hours on it now. I changed the hydraulic fluid at 50 hours. Even though Kubota doesn't indicate that you need to do it I thought it was a good idea to put clean fluid in it after the break-in period. My L has been running extremely well. I keep up with scheduled maintenance, grease the zerks regularly and have been using an additive in the diesel (white Power Service). They are great tractors - enjoy yours! - Mike

/ GL3240 HST - 50 hr service #4  
There are many cautious people out there who change their fluids on any vehicle much sooner than is recommended by the manufacturer. Many of these people will claim that they got exceptional service out of their vehicle since they change fluids so often.

I suspect that these cautious people also take very good care of their vehicles in many other ways and that this is why their vehicles last so long. Their vehicles would probably last just as long if they changed at the manufacturer's recommended times because they are people who treat their vehicles properly.

Manufacturers do a lot of testing and research to determine their guidelines and I believe that if you follow their guidelines and schedules then that is often enough to change fluids provided there are no extenuating circumstances.

/ GL3240 HST - 50 hr service #5  
I'm pretty sure the manual for my l3400 said to change all fluids (other than coolant) at 50 hrs.

Change it...if for no other reason than peace of mind.

/ GL3240 HST - 50 hr service #6  
The reason I changed my hyd fluid at 50hr is all those new tractors have
a bunch of metal shavings in there from the manufacturing process. And,
in the case of some tractors (e.g. my new Kioti), it looks like they used
a clear straight hyd fluid, rather than a good THF like Kubota UDT or
Chevron 1000 THF. I also recommend cleaning the pump inlet suction
screen in the reservoir.

/ GL3240 HST - 50 hr service #7  
I would change the hydraulic oil, however,i think 50 hours on the tranny is overkill! The engine is a different story, i always do the first engine oil change early. I have done the first complete hydraulic oil service at 150 hours on all my kubotas, never any issues at all.

/ GL3240 HST - 50 hr service #8  
its up to you. Kubota is stretching out the service intervals on newer tractors when using SUDT. It would not hurt, but its not nessesary either.

Thats somthing else to consider when shopping for a new machine. These services are expensive and Kubota is recomending much longer intervals between oil changes than other brands.

/ GL3240 HST - 50 hr service #9  
For the M7040HD Kubota recommends changing the hydraulic/trans fluid (all 15 gallons), together with both filters, at 50 hours. Just completed the 50 hour service (at 65 hours) and the fluid and magnetic filter insert were both extremely clean. Was the fluid change necessary? In my opinion, absolutely not, but I am very happy that I did it and that I now know I don't have a lot of unwanted debris moving around inside my tractor.