Glad I installed my toothbar!

/ Glad I installed my toothbar! #1  

rosey

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Installed a Markham toothbar last week on my Bx's loader and I'm glad I did. Picked up 18 railroad ties yesterday to do some landscaping on my utility trailer and used the loader to drag them off one at a time...then carried them in the bucket to where I wanted them. For anyone who has worked with R.R. ties you know how heavy those suckers are. Without the teeth of the toothbar to dig into the wood the task would have been much harder, plus the teeth provided a nice ledge to carry them...best investment that you can make!

/ Glad I installed my toothbar! #2  
I agree with you. Today, I dug a few rocks that rose up during the spring thaw. The toothbar allowed me to easily pull the rocks out of the ground and get them in the bucket.

/ Glad I installed my toothbar! #3  
It will only get better. Great addition to your machine. Kubota should make toothbars standard or at least an option.

/ Glad I installed my toothbar! #4  
Oh yes, I know all about railroad ties. I'm currently in the process of removing about 50 of them that the previous owner had lined the sides of my driveway with. They make it very difficult to cut the grass because you have to run a weed-eater along the entire length of the 400 foot long driveway. I don't have a toothbar, so I use the FEL to break them loose from the ground, get off the tractor, lift the RR tie one end at a time up onto the FEL, then drive them to a place where I'm stacking them. I wish I had a toothbar! Maybe someday. If anyone is thinking about wanting the RR ties, you probably don't want them. Most are rotted and only about 1/2 of each (top side) is left.