Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #31  
Have the tractors you are talking about held the same price year after year as time has gone on? I purchased my M7-171 in 2016. Two years later I printed out the page with same attachments from Build my Tractor and it was up 9%. The next year I ran into difficulty comparing apples to apples because with the M7-172, they took some items that were standard equipment with the 171 and made them optional, but the price was still increasing. I agree the prices have taken a higher than normal hit in 2022. I ordered a M5-111 in August, took ownership in December for the price I signed for, but the Build my Tractor had increased by several thousand dollars when I checked in January. Glad I bought when I did rather than waiting until its needed but I have run into the same thing every time I bought. Still nothing compared to early 1980s when we were raising prices significantly every quarter and still losing money with every sale - until Allis-Chalmers, International Harvester, and Massey Ferguson all went bankrupt - oh, forgot how White Farm Equipment (Minneapolis-Moline, Oliver, Cockshutt) also bit the dust. Will we repeat the 80's when government debt more than doubled? Remains to be seen.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #32  
I just checked the current pricing on the same tractor I purchased early last year, WOW, the base price went up over $3k, to order the tractor now with all of the same options would have cost me about $4k more!! Seriously doubt that the prices will ever go back down to any thing near where they were.
Nobody likes a boaster. 😉

I am jealous. I would have bought last year, but I cannot get a building to store it yet. Rather frustrating. We have been planning retirement for this year for years (our youngest graduates HS).

I am going to make some adjustments to the budget. Most likely I will need to work an additional year so Mrs. T can retire. Our only saving grace is that if we time it right, the house we sell may make considerably more than estimated.

You are right on prices. Not going down.

As for tractor availability... Its getting better around here. I drove by Big Tex and a few other dealers on Saturday. Even from the highway I could see more inventory on lots.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #33  
Have you decided on what you are going to get?

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #34  
Not 100%. Still leaning towards either the T494H or the 4820H. The auto throttle has brought me around on HST. If I cannot get that, I would go shuttle shift. Ultimately, I want to get the most machine I can for the money. Budget may make me move down to the 474 or 4815...smaller frames but also some features I don't really like.

More importantly, to me, is that in an supposed to get a quote from a local builder for the shop project this week. Once I get a firm date for it to be up, I can order a tractor accordingly.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #35  
I was surprised to see kubota extended the 20% National Cutting Horse discount through the end of 2022.

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #36  
Not 100%. Still leaning towards either the T494H or the 4820H. The auto throttle has brought me around on HST. If I cannot get that, I would go shuttle shift. Ultimately, I want to get the most machine I can for the money. Budget may make me move down to the 474 or 4815...smaller frames but also some features I don't really like.

More importantly, to me, is that in an supposed to get a quote from a local builder for the shop project this week. Once I get a firm date for it to be up, I can order a tractor accordingly.
It's tough buying one for the first time with so many choices out there. Just remember that nobody ever complained about having too much HP. I'm way outside my comfort zone on buying my new tractor, but I also know that I'll get used to making the payment, and eventually be happy that I bought it now instead of waiting any longer. I'm already thinking about buying a batwing for it!!!

/ Glad I Purchased My Tractor Last Year #37  
It's tough buying one for the first time with so many choices out there. Just remember that nobody ever complained about having too much HP. I'm way outside my comfort zone on buying my new tractor, but I also know that I'll get used to making the payment, and eventually be happy that I bought it now instead of waiting any longer. I'm already thinking about buying a batwing for it!!!
Thanks. I think I am pretty set on HP. The differences are frame size and lifting capacity. All are in the 45-48 HP range. I will probably want a PTO chipper at some point and that range seems to give me some options. A batwing would be overkill for me. My total width of mowing is about 30 feet. It will not take too long with a 5 or 6 ft rotary cutter. I'm thinking I would rather spend more on heavier duty RC than on wider. Most likely, I will regularly use it 3-5 hours 4-5 times a year. It may be easier to knock out green briars between the pines with the narrow cutter.