Global Warming News

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming News #11  
Every time snow falls somewhere, the deniers come out in droves. As if localized conditions somehow invalidate a global average.

All you need to quit the "deniers" is scientists behaving like scientists and have some real proof not just temperature change. BTW more climatologist were talking about the lack of warming for the last decade. Just because the IPCC crowd says it warming does not mean it is:eek:

/ Global Warming News #12  
global warming isn't what concerned me, I'm afraid of how the human race waste and destroys its natural resources. Warming and cooling of the planet has been going on for billions of years. I'm sure{check out china's weather maker} we do effect the natural order of things, BUT is it for better or worse?

/ Global Warming News #13  
global warming isn't what concerned me, I'm afraid of how the human race waste and destroys its natural resources. Warming and cooling of the planet has been going on for billions of years. I'm sure{check out china's weather maker} we do effect the natural order of things, BUT is it for better or worse?

When have humans ever done anything for the better in the interest of the planet? If anything they just fix a few of the things we have done in the past.

/ Global Warming News #15  
The Hockey Stick chart clearly shows the rapid heating that the planet has experienced, which is caused by CO2 emissions. The more CO2 that goes into the air, the hotter the planet has become.

Unfortuantly for the creater of the hockey stick and those who believe this, it's now come out that they not only fudged the numbers to make it look like it's warming, when it's not, but the had to eliminate the actual temps from the first 400 years of the last century. A period known as the Mideval Warming Period. A time when wine grapes grew in Scottland and farmers grew crops in Greenland. A time that was much, MUCH warmer then even the inflated, and fabricated extreme temps on the last couple decades.

NASA has had to change their date for the hottest decade in the last century. They were caught lying about their data and quietly made the late 1930's as the hottest decade. As you can see in the graph, it was warmer back then, before the invention of CO2. hahaha

That is also when the famous drought and dust bowl years happened that became such a contributing factor to the Depression and WWII. It's also when the worst Hurricanes happend.

What I really find interesting is that when it was so much hotter in the Mideval Warming Period, human life flourished and we made HUGE advancements. The glaciers didn't melt and the oceans didn't cover the contenents. And to the best of my knowledge, the Polar Bears didn't go extinct back then either !!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

Eddie

Attachments

• Dr Joseph D'Aleo graph.jpg
    Dr Joseph D'Aleo graph.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 188
   / Global Warming News #16  
Come on fellows, you need an increase in temperature to start the new ice age. You need heat to get more water into the atmosphere so it can condense and fall as snow!:D:D:D

/ Global Warming News #17  
I'm confused. Would that be good for Polar Bears or bad? More global warming means more cold temps and more snow, so wouldn't global warming be good for polar bears? Maybe that's why their world wide population has doubled in the last 30 years !!!!!!!!!

Eddie

/ Global Warming News #18  
The CO2 level was 9 times higher when dinosaurs were around than it is now. People that believe man is ruining the planet should kill themselves to help save it.

/ Global Warming News #19  
Always love when this topic comes up! Should we start a pool as to how long the thread lasts before getting closed down?

IMHO, scientists are as reliable as weathermen. Not to mention that a theory, some ego and some $$$ and good PR can help make any idea plausible. I mean even in my lifetime dinosaurs went from being reptiles to birds, Pluto is no longer a planet, and the speed of light may not be constant.

Don't get me wrong, I think the scientific method is a wonderful thing and the things discovered can be nothing short of amazing - but to think we understand this universe around us with any degree of certainty - pure ego.

The scariest part to me is that way folks subscribe to one theory or another and vehemently defend it as fact, and of course, turn it into a "cause" - especially when it comes to the doom of the world.

Chicken Little has existed for millennia and somehow mankind still seems to plod on

/ Global Warming News #20  
Hey...fellow "Baby Boomers"...

....does anyone remember a small episode of the late 1960's thru early 1970's....when an entire class of commercial aircraft (Supersonic Transports) was discontinued, due to the fears that the high altitude contrails would trigger GLOBAL COOLING and a new Ice Age?

The scientists were furiously calculating, the pundits were all in agreement, the media was alarmed, , the govt research grant money flowed like a river...

The only reason the "Concord" flew, was that it was so far along in it's production cycle, it would have been politically inexpedient to cancel it.

As luck would have it, I was raised as a skeptic...when I smell the powerful aroma of easy money, I question the veracity of the end product.

Be Safe...

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.