Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #1,661  
So a NASA press release a few days ago that showed a short term warming of the surface or possibly more that may have been overstated is the reason to conclude that there is not warming and if there is it is not possibly a result of man's burning of billions of tons of fossil fuels.

deny, deny, deny ...reaccuse.

"NASA ice scientist Tom Wagner told the Associated Press researchers don't know precisely how much of Greenland's ice had melted in this latest event, but it seems to be freezing again.

“The belief that almost any aberration in weather and climate today can be attributed to global warming is pure folly,” Watts told FoxNews.com.

Read more: Skeptics put the freeze on NASA 'hot air' about Greenland ice | Fox News

Watt clearly has a different view than the majority.
Loren

/ Global Warming? #1,662  
Climate Change: Key Indicators

Climate Change: Evidence

Sudden Greenland ice sheet melt baffles scientists (+video) - CSMonitor.com

This melt was the most widespread since it has been monitored by NASA. Seems that scientists noted that it happened and are investigating possible reasons and waiting to see if there is an above average melt for this summer. What's the problem?

Attacks on climate science by former NASA staff shouldn't be taken seriously | Environment | guardian.co.uk
Attacks on climate science by former NASA staff shouldn't be taken seriously

A letter from former administrators, astronauts, and engineers at NASA expressing climate change scepticism does not deserve parity with the agency's peer-reviewed climate scientists

We have seen many examples of climate denialists producing long lists of fake experts, for example the Oregon Petition and the Wall Street Journal 16. Now we have yet another of these lists of fake experts. 49 former National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) employees (led by Harrison Schmitt, who was also one of the Wall Street Journal 16) have registered their objection to mainstream climate science through the most popular medium of expressing climate contrarianism - a letter. As is usually the case in these climate contrarian letters, this one has no scientific content, and is written by individuals with not an ounce of climate science expertise, but who nevertheless have the audacity to tell climate scientists what they should think about climate science.

It's worth noting that when the signatories Meet The Denominator, as is also always the case, their numbers are revealed as quite unimpressive. For example, over 18,000 people currently work for NASA. Without even considering the pool of retired NASA employees (all signatories of this list are former NASA employees), just as with the Oregon Petition, the list accounts for a fraction of a percent of the available pool of people.

Loren

/ Global Warming? #1,663  
There is evidence that corporate interests are funding the climate denial group just as corporate tobacco funded their denial of the health risks of their product.

Abraham Lincoln Quotes

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and cause me to tremble for safety of my country; corporations have been enthroned, an era of corruption in High Places will follow, and the Money Power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the People, until the wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the Republic destroyed.

ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Col. William F. Elkins, Nov. 21, 1864

Loren

/ Global Warming? #1,664  
There is evidence that corporate interests are funding the climate denial group just as corporate tobacco funded their denial of the health risks of their product.<snip>
[sarcasm]
But that has been around since the dawn of time. If there exists a chance for a greater profit why care about health risks? It's the unthinking public that is affected, not you and I who know better. What's wrong with global warming? So the sea rises and wipes out populations where I don't live? I just have to plan on paying a little more for a/c. Maybe costs will drop when the Arctic shipping lanes open when the ice is gone.[/sarcasm]

/ Global Warming? #1,665  
Climate Change: Key Indicators

Climate Change: Evidence

Sudden Greenland ice sheet melt baffles scientists (+video) - CSMonitor.com

This melt was the most widespread since it has been monitored by NASA. Seems that scientists noted that it happened and are investigating possible reasons and waiting to see if there is an above average melt for this summer. What's the problem?

Attacks on climate science by former NASA staff shouldn't be taken seriously | Environment | guardian.co.uk
Attacks on climate science by former NASA staff shouldn't be taken seriously

A letter from former administrators, astronauts, and engineers at NASA expressing climate change scepticism does not deserve parity with the agency's peer-reviewed climate scientists

We have seen many examples of climate denialists producing long lists of fake experts, for example the Oregon Petition and the Wall Street Journal 16. Now we have yet another of these lists of fake experts. 49 former National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) employees (led by Harrison Schmitt, who was also one of the Wall Street Journal 16) have registered their objection to mainstream climate science through the most popular medium of expressing climate contrarianism - a letter. As is usually the case in these climate contrarian letters, this one has no scientific content, and is written by individuals with not an ounce of climate science expertise, but who nevertheless have the audacity to tell climate scientists what they should think about climate science.

It's worth noting that when the signatories Meet The Denominator, as is also always the case, their numbers are revealed as quite unimpressive. For example, over 18,000 people currently work for NASA. Without even considering the pool of retired NASA employees (all signatories of this list are former NASA employees), just as with the Oregon Petition, the list accounts for a fraction of a percent of the available pool of people.

Loren

So the people who's agenda says they must believe in global warming tell us not believe those with proven science that shows the Greenland melt occurs every 150 years, and we should believe them why??? How is their opinion better than another scientist's and there is absolutely zero denying that this melting occurs in approximately 150 year cycles, and yet NASA immediately tried to say it was man, yet we should believe them anyway? What kind of dumbass logic is that?

/ Global Warming? #1,666  
There is evidence that corporate interests are funding the climate denial group just as corporate tobacco funded their denial of the health risks of their product.

Abraham Lincoln Quotes

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and cause me to tremble for safety of my country; corporations have been enthroned, an era of corruption in High Places will follow, and the Money Power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the People, until the wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the Republic destroyed.

ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Col. William F. Elkins, Nov. 21, 1864

Loren
Lincoln was a very smart guy, he saw what virtually everyone paying attention sees, money buys power. How does that change the global warming debate exactly? They don't pay me. Global warming, climate change, global cooling, etc... I absolutely agree they happen, always have happened, always will happen, those events happened when Org was cooking mammoth meat on a stick for Gog, Menon and all his other guests and they are evolving events today, so why is today's event man caused but the other warming periods, some much warmer and faster than now, not man made, I mean exactly how is this absolutely man and the others which absolutely could not have been, different?

/ Global Warming? #1,667  
Richard Muller: 'Humans Are Almost Entirely The Cause' Of Climate Change

"Humans are almost entirely the cause" of climate change, according to a scientist who once doubted that global warming even existed.

Last year, Richard Muller walked back years of climate change skepticism in light of new research. But Sunday's comments go one step further.

Muller wrote in an NYT op-ed that after exhaustive research, he believes that an increase of greenhouse gases can be closely linked to the rise in the earth's temperature."

Muller, a UCBerkeley professor, founded the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project, which receives substantial funding from GOP powerhouse donor Charles Koch.

According to Greenpeace, the Koch brothers have given over $61 million to groups that deny the existence of climate change."

Loren

/ Global Warming? #1,668  
Lincoln was a very smart guy, he saw what virtually everyone paying attention sees, money buys power. How does that change the global warming debate exactly? They don't pay me. Global warming, climate change, global cooling, etc... I absolutely agree they happen, always have happened, always will happen, those events happened when Org was cooking mammoth meat on a stick for Gog, Menon and all his other guests and they are evolving events today, so why is today's event man caused but the other warming periods, some much warmer and faster than now, not man made, I mean exactly how is this absolutely man and the others which absolutely could not have been, different?

There are about 7 billion humans onboard now who are burning billions of tons of fossil fuels that were being formed in the past.

Loren

/ Global Warming? #1,669  
624984824.jpg

Click on the image for a better view

Cognitive dissonance does not explain the mentality of global warming deniers. Scientific facts in any form can easily be dismissed with out a thought. Literally. And then there are simply the trolls. In any event, we're all going to be punished for the disastrous conduct of rulers of the New World Order.

Maybe the HAARP program and all that chemical spraying during the Bush/Cheney regime is a part of this as well?

HAARP-- What is HAARP IS HAARP Dangerous HAARP and Weather Control.flv - YouTube

Climate Study Forces Koch-Funded Skeptic to Admit Humans Driving Warming

Climate change skeptic and physicist Richard Muller co-founded the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project three years ago to debunk global warming fears, even getting a $150,000 grant from the conservative Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation for his work.

Today, however, he writes in the New York Times:

"Call me a converted skeptic... humans are almost entirely the cause."

"My total turnaround, in such a short time, is the result of careful and objective analysis by the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project... Our results show that the average temperature of the earth痴 land has risen by two and a half degrees Fahrenheit over the past 250 years, including an increase of one and a half degrees over the most recent 50 years. Moreover, it appears likely that essentially all of this increase results from the human emission of greenhouse gases."

"These findings are stronger than those of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the United Nations group that defines the scientific and diplomatic consensus on global warming."

Last edited:
   / Global Warming? #1,670  
There are about 7 billion humans onboard now who are burning billions of tons of fossil fuels that were being formed in the past.

Loren
Now translate that into change in CO2 levels then translate that into temp rise using published scientific data. Please feel free in include sources with those calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.