Glow Plug Light Not Shutting Off

/ Glow Plug Light Not Shutting Off #1  

skipples

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST, Kioti DK5310SE HST
Replaced the glow plug relay and still no joy. If I run the tractor for five or ten minutes then shut off and restart, the light stays off. It used to turn off after the key was on for a minute or two.

Anyone solved a similar issue?

2013 CK35 HST 550 hours.

/ Glow Plug Light Not Shutting Off #2  
A minute or two? Did you possibly damage the glow plugs? Not 100% but I think the burning diesel actually cools them.

/ Glow Plug Light Not Shutting Off #3  
Your explanation is hard to interpret. Just a note. The glow plugs are used to start a cold engine. There is a temperature sensor so if the engine is warm and you try to start it, the glow plugs will not work.

/ Glow Plug Light Not Shutting Off
"A minute or two" when it is very cold. Hot days or hot engine: no glow plug light illuminated when key turned on.

Light is off when engine is warm for whatever reason, running or warm day.

Glow plugs work fine, I just want the light to switch off when the engine starts like it did before.

Your explanation is hard to interpret. Just a note. The glow plugs are used to start a cold engine. There is a temperature sensor so if the engine is warm and you try to start it, the glow plugs will not work.
What's hard to interpret? Pretty simple, really.

Obviously

/ Glow Plug Light Not Shutting Off #8  
Could be timer issue. Time to pull the dash apart and start testing or replacing parts. I'm guessing you'll have a timer, controller and a relay in the glow plug circuit. My glow plugs would come on for no reason while brush hogging and shut off after 10 seconds. For less than $30 I changed the controller and relay, took about 2 hours. Issue solved.

/ Glow Plug Light Not Shutting Off #9  
Mine did that. Bad timer relay.

/ Glow Plug Light Not Shutting Off #10  
Could be timer issue. Time to pull the dash apart and start testing or replacing parts. I'm guessing you'll have a timer, controller and a relay in the glow plug circuit. My glow plugs would come on for no reason while brush hogging and shut off after 10 seconds. For less than $30 I changed the controller and relay, took about 2 hours. Issue solved.
For which tractor, and do you have controller/relay part numbers?