Glow Plugs

/ Glow Plugs #1  

Woodsman603

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710
2001 L3710

If I put the key onto the run position, not start, the little light on the dash doesn't kick on to "preheat" the glow plugs. I swear that light always kicked on at least briefly. It was in the upper 30s the other day, and nothing. Tractor did take a little bit to crank to get it started. I swapped out the glow plug relay, and same thing.

Is it just not cold enough? Could there be another issue? Am I mistaken that the glow plugs warm up for at least a second before cranking?

Thanks.

/ Glow Plugs #2  
The glow plug light on my 2003 L3430 always comes on at least a few seconds no matter the temp. I wonder if your dash light died.

/ Glow Plugs
The glow plug light on my 2003 L3430 always comes on at least a few seconds no matter the temp. I wonder if your dash light died.
yea know, I thought so.

no, its not the light. I had the dash apart yesterday and that was one of the things I tested; I switched the lights around and it kicked on.

/ Glow Plugs #4  
You can put a meter on one of the glow plugs and see if they get any voltage. That may help track it down. It could also be a defective fuse. With temperatures in the thirties the glow plugs should definitely turn on. Many tractors allow you to move the ignition key to the left to activate the glow plugs manually. You could try that. Check the wiring diagram. It's possible you have a glow plug timer which activates the glow plug relay but may not be part of it.