GMC Canyon input requested

/ GMC Canyon input requested #51  
My last mpg check on the 2019 Ranger was 19.5 average which includes some city driving but mostly a 26 mile daily commute which is 95% highway miles. Its been over 4 months since I drove the Canyon but the same daily work commute with some city driving the Canyon would yield between 20.5 and 21 mpg. Its not a huge difference and I would not let those numbers be my deciding factor on a purchase.

The Ranger's ecoboost has more "low end grunt" as the 3.6 in the Canyon gets more of its power at higher rpm. But it is a very smooth running V6 with adequate power. I like the ecoobost when passing a vehicle as the turbo gives a very pleasant push at lower rpm. Again, the Canyon responds well but uses the higher rpm and a down shift for the same passing maneuver. I just keep coming back to the low speed "roaring" that the Ranger has when you take off in low gear. I've compared it to the sound of air boat. Now, more so when the engine is cold. Ford assures me that this is normal so I am living with it.

So I like the Ranger and I am glad that Ford brought it back. And overall I would say I am satisfied with it. But, having gone from the V6 in the Canyon to the Ecoboost I would prefer the Canyon engine. Just my opinion. I personally prefer the appearance of the Ranger over the Canyon which is probably what pushed me to the Ranger. Of course the huge rebate helped as well.

We are quite happy with the new range including its ability to tow our camper at higher speeds, its fuel mileage and the features it has.

/ GMC Canyon input requested #52  
Interesting note on the Colorado/Canyon.........they are dropping the V6 and diesel for the new 2.7 gas turbo.This motor in the full size has got decent reviews;around 300 HP.

/ GMC Canyon input requested #53  
Interesting note on the Colorado/Canyon.........they are dropping the V6 and diesel for the new 2.7 gas turbo.This motor in the full size has got decent reviews;around 300 HP.
Man, if I wanted to a Colorado/Canyon I'd be jumping on getting one while I could still get the V6!!!

SR

/ GMC Canyon input requested #54  
Man, if I wanted to a Colorado/Canyon I'd be jumping on getting one while I could still get the V6!!!

SR
I agree,just stating the news;we have a 3.6 in our Acadia,amazeing motor and good gas mileage for 310 hp.Gets as good as our previous four cylinder in a like vehicle.

/ GMC Canyon input requested #56  
Here's what mine gets, with 248,000 miles on it,

standard.jpg

That's in a fairly heavily loaded Impala...

SR

/ GMC Canyon input requested #57  

That should be an interesting package, and should make the C/C a top performer in the class. GM's 2.7 T4 is a solid engine, but can't compete with the 2.7 Ecoboost F150, so it gets a bad rap in the Silverado. It should be great in the C/C and might push Ford to put the 2.7EB in the Ranger to maintain a class leading powertrain.

RickB, congrat's on the new truck, hope it serves you well.

/ GMC Canyon input requested #58  
RickB, I hear you are the ford industrial tractor expert. Can you help me? I would like help identifying my recently bought old ford industrial tractor.
Here are the numbers that are legible: near the starter - 3BC85 - hard to see, may not be correct, below that number is *C372129*, on other side of engine is 2M19C, below that is T70A14. My research has resulted in much confusion.