Going to Tazewell tomorrow to buy.....

/ Going to Tazewell tomorrow to buy..... #21  
The wheel motors will stop, then intermittently turn it little bit, then stop. That’s the best way I can explain it. It just seems like the pump for the wheel motors is exhausted, then there will be a short outburst of power to the wheels, then stop again. It’s that sort of cycle.

The reason her yard is so steep is because the excavator done things he shouldn’t have when her home was being built. Although, if it was me I would not mow that part of the yard. Her John Deere 322 (sorry about the mixup with the 318) stopped running when she was going up over the yard years ago, and then she said her brakes quit working and the tractor went down the hill backwards. She wrecked and busted herself up pretty good, and the tractor.
That sounds like a pressure relief going off. If it were me, I would be inclined to ask Terry about it. It may be internal to the pump, so there may not be anything to do about it.

I have to admit to a similar tractor story once, which is why I love automatic brakes.

All the best,

Peter

/ Going to Tazewell tomorrow to buy..... #22  
love automatic brakes??? How about just having a brake?

/ Going to Tazewell tomorrow to buy..... #23  
Don’t forget, if you blow a hose on the PT while on that hill you’ll take that same ride. Ask me how I know.
😂 So, you went for a fun little ride I take it. Did the manual brake pins sheer off when you engaged it?

/ Going to Tazewell tomorrow to buy..... #24  
So, you went for a fun little ride I take it. Did the manual brake pins sheer off when you engaged it?

A couple of times. Those brake pins have been frozen for years. The last time I went for a ride I was brush hogging up a steep hill in the woods. Took off down the hill backwards. Luckily i was able to miss all the trees. The thing that surprised me was the small hose from the pump to the draft control valve was the one that blew.

/ Going to Tazewell tomorrow to buy..... #25  
A couple of times. Those brake pins have been frozen for years. The last time I went for a ride I was brush hogging up a steep hill in the woods. Took off down the hill backwards. Luckily i was able to miss all the trees. The thing that surprised me was the small hose from the pump to the draft control valve was the one that blew.
That is interesting about the little hose.

/ Going to Tazewell tomorrow to buy.....
Well I got back home with my little BX from Tazwell today. I stopped by Power Trac on my way home this morning. After speaking to Christie and Terry he also recommended the 1430 and had me test both 2430 and 1439 side by side. I was impressed with both machines, and though both would have a bit of a learning curve I can see how and agree that I would be more comfortable on the 1430 in the short and long term.

They really didn’t have any hills to try it on but I’m reasonably sure it’ll handle the steep driveway well enough. I was surprised at how peppy they felt and have a feeling they’ll actually get me up and down the driveway significantly quicker than my compact tractor. Just as long as it’ll get fully loaded pallet/forks up and down the drive and can handle the some of the more frequent light duty driveway grading my mini ex up there will be able to handle anymore extensive repairs.

I asked them if anybody had dibs on the floor model as Terry said they would be swapping it out with a gas version when the gas models come out. As far as anyone is aware over there nobody’s name was on that machine yet. Christie is going to check with the owner when he gets back in town next week but just as long as he doesn’t have the machine spoken for it should have my name on it.

Last edited:
   / Going to Tazewell tomorrow to buy..... #27  
Well I got back home with my little BX from Tazwell today. I stopped by Power Trac on my way home this morning. After speaking to Christie and Terry he also recommended the 1430 and had me test both 2430 and 1439 side by side. I was impressed with both machines, and though both would have a bit of a learning curve I can see how and agree that I would be more comfortable on the 1430 in the short and long term.

They really didn’t have any hills to try it on but I’m reasonably sure it’ll handle the steep driveway well enough. I was surprised at how peppy they felt and have a feeling they’ll actually get me up and down the driveway significantly quicker than my compact tractor. Just as long as it’ll get fully loaded pallet/forks up and down the drive and can handle the some of the more frequent light duty driveway grading my mini ex up there will be able to handle anymore extensive repairs.

I asked them if anybody had dibs on the floor model as Terry said they would be swapping it out with a gas version when the gas models come out. As far as anyone is aware over there nobody’s name was on that machine yet. Christie is going to check with the owner when he gets back in town next week but just as long as he doesn’t have the machine spoken for it should have my name on it.

Have they built any gas models yet? Hoping they come up with a conversion kit for older tractors.

/ Going to Tazewell tomorrow to buy.....
Have they built any gas models yet? Hoping they come up with a conversion kit for older tractors.
They didn’t have any yet but sounds like the next month or two. Or at least that’s when it sounded like they’d be rotating out the floor model

/ Going to Tazewell tomorrow to buy..... #29  
I have the 2425 and also live in the mountains with a long drive thats steep in sections......I can't say that I've ever felt unstable going up and down a hill......now would I go side to side on a hill....oh hell no......lol.......personally I have found I have more grading ability by back dragging the lmb up the hill then pushing the blade forward......even if I drop the bucket edge down aggressively enough to raise the front tires off the ground......pushing snow up hill is no problem as long as I don't let the snow get deeper then 12".......if I do the tractor will stall out repeatedly.......as for brakes my model has them....its called the backhoe!.....and it has saved my bacon several times.......lol......Jack