Golden rules to live by

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Golden rules to live by #93  
Kill all the lawyers.(Shakespeare)

I'm not a fan of lawyers, at all, ever! I know they all do different jobs etc etc blah blah, and I did meet honest lawyer about 20 years ago. I must defend them, as much as it irritates me.

I'm pretty sure the expression is.....first kill the lawyers.

But what always gets left out is.......if you want complete chaos then, first kill the lawyers.

The boy knew human nature and knew we need lawyers just to keep humans somewhat under control.

Human nature is our worst enemy! The lawyers and marketing people know that and leverage it.

/ Golden rules to live by #95  
Smart is to avoid mistakes, wise is to learn from them.
No guarantees of success if you try, but a guarantee of failure if you don't.
Give the benefit of the doubt, but only when they're still a doubt.

/ Golden rules to live by #96  
I'm not a fan of lawyers, at all, ever! I know they all do different jobs etc etc blah blah, and I did meet honest lawyer about 20 years ago. I must defend them, as much as it irritates me.

I'm pretty sure the expression is.....first kill the lawyers.

But what always gets left out is.......if you want complete chaos then, first kill the lawyers.

The boy knew human nature and knew we need lawyers just to keep humans somewhat under control.

Human nature is our worst enemy! The lawyers and marketing people know that and leverage it.

The line was apparently not intended to be taken literally:

'''Kill the Lawyers,''' A Line Misinterpreted - The New York Times

As a former lawyer myself, I can testify that although there are some ahole lawyers out there, most were aholes before they became lawyers. Some of the most honorable people I ever met were lawyers. I've worked with all kinds; PhD's, MD's, JDs, ex cons, alcoholics, etc, and some of the biggest aholes were engineers, as were some of the most honorable.

/ Golden rules to live by #98  
Sounds like it could have used some Dogbert editing for clarity.

"Let's kill all the corrupt and unethical lawyers and respect those who instill justice in society."

I would understand a Scalia opinion much better than a Shakespeare quote.

/ Golden rules to live by #99  
No guarantees of success if you try, but a guarantee of failure if you don't.

Success is guaranteed. Someone will succesfully achieve the results of their actions and situations.

/ Golden rules to live by #100  
We almost always know what the right thing to do is. Do the right thing, repeat - life will work out for you.

Feeling gratitude is a gift we give ourselves. Not expressing gratitude to others is like wrapping a present and never giving it.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

Attachments

• Why dog is happier.jpg
    Why dog is happier.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.