Golf Cart as an Alternative

/ Golf Cart as an Alternative #31  
<font color="red"> (I have chased a cow down the fence and I can promise this....you would have to have one fast golf cart to outrun a cranky bull. And I don't recall any air bags on a golf cart in case that bull did catch you. </font>

You bet. I happened to know the (almost) victims in this case. They didn't know exactly how they set off the bull, but they got real lucky. An equally cranky gent from Newfoundland happened to be a couple of hundred yards behind them in his truck and saw what was about to happen.

He got behind the bull and nudged it before it could ram the golf cart. By the time the bull figured out what was happening, both the golf cart and the Newfie and his truck managed to cross the cattle guard into the boat yard and safety.

It was several days before anyone ventured out in the golf cart again. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Golf Cart as an Alternative #32  
I bought the 10 hp CX gGator and love it. It starts easily and has plenty of power. I feel that some are comparing this machine with the large Gators (apples to oranges). I paid $4200 for it brand new. I have a four acre lot with one acre in orchard and it is just perfect for my needs. It also fits between the fender wells of my Ford 150 and since I show antique tractors I carry the CX to ride around the grounds. It is quiet and easy to handle. My wife also loves it. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Golf Cart as an Alternative #33  
Even though I do not own one I know of 2 horse boarding operations and 1 real farm that use their golf cart for a lot of chores, and all 3 owners love them.

/ Golf Cart as an Alternative
TXDON, Big Red is exactly what I would like to end up with but I bet its out of my current price range. I will probably start out at a more basic level and go from there.

I actually saw one of those GEMS that had a list price of about $5,000 but was on sale for about $2,200. I thought that was a good deal but when I went back they were no longer offering them. If I could get one at that price and write off the full amount as an electric vehicle I would look into it but I guess I would need to do some more research on DMV fees etc.

The Gators are certainly beefier but I think I am just looking for something to make a quick run between the barn, house, mailbox and pasture so I think an electric vehicle is the way to go.