Gone bolt crazy, Need help

/ Gone bolt crazy, Need help
Chains it is. I need about 1/4" more room so that my chains do not hit the fender brackets on my Cub Cadet. I figure that 3/4" is more than enough room to clear them. Cub doesn't carry spacers, nor do they carry longer wheel bolts for the machines.

/ Gone bolt crazy, Need help #12  
VW part# n..90752801- 14x 1.5x 63mm., 10.9 rated, $4.72 retail each, $2.36 each dealer cost, These are used to hold the subframe to the body on most all '99 and newer VW Golf, Jetta, New Beetle. You could either buy these new from a dealer or get them for cheap out of a junkyard.

Elmo, Thanks for the tip. Junkyards around here are too lazy to pull a few bolts for me. Especially if I asked for 12 of them. I may just buy a box of 25 of the 8.8's and get it over with. I'm waiting for a reply from the guy I asked to make my spacers for me. If he can't do them. I may just have to on my father-in-laws old lathe.

/ Gone bolt crazy, Need help #15  
Try Lowe's or Home Depot, they carry that stuff.

I was just at HD and forgot to look for them. I have to go back this week and will check them out before I order online.

thanks

/ Gone bolt crazy, Need help #17  
I have recently found HD to be very expensive for bolts and nuts, and threaded rod. I needed some ½" locknuts, and found them at HD in a package of one, for $0.95. I had been buying them 4 to a package for $0.98. Then I needed some ¼" 3' threaded steel rod, that I have been paying from $0.99 to $1.09 for, and HD wanted $3.95 for one.
Not sure why they are so expensive for these items, but I will walk to another store for parts like that from now on. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Gone bolt crazy, Need help #18  
Technically they are cap screws. A class 8.8 is roughly equivalent to grade 5 and a class 10.9 is roughly equivalent to grade 8. You can also buy in box quantities at www.mcmaster.com. Shipping is reasonable there.