gonna by something, need some answers

/ gonna by something, need some answers #1  

fsbigcountry

Tractor
L3010 W/Loader
this will be my first tractor purchase, and at these kind of numbers it better be my last! you see, I'm a po boy. now I almost signed on the bottom line today for a kioti 3054 w/kioti loader for 13,950$. But I was feeling pressured by the ol boy and told him I wanted the weekend to think it over. Here's why. My neighbor down the road is a salesman at the local kubota dealer, it's 12 miles from the house. ( kioti is 60 miles away) Right now with the factory rebates in april I can buy the 3010 gst for 15,600$ I really like it better than kioti but don't know if I can afford to like it 1600$ more. Also I haven't priced the 3010 dt which if I understand right shifts like the kioti, but with much better leg room. Question #1 does the glideshift have that much more appeal to yall than the dt which still has fwd/rev shuttle. Question #2 my neighbor told me L3000 comes only with std tranny, but I see they make a L3000dt does this mean it has a fwd/rev shuttle, if not what is the difference between 3000&3000dt. Any input will be embraced, cause I value yall's opinons.

/ gonna by something, need some answers #2  
The 3000dt just means it's a 4x4 by my understanding, still a gear model. It is a great tractor for the price.

/ gonna by something, need some answers #3  
I have the L3000DT, bought it new last July. Mine is a straight geared transmission, you choose the gear you want to be in accompanied by a clutch action for every change.

In this part of New England, New Hampshire I checked the price from three different dealers and got the same price from each, $15,700 with FEL and loaded rear tires.

If you have to have HST then I believe you will have to look at the Grande L series. I have nothing negitive to say about the L3000DT it is a real nice piece of machinery and I don't mind shifting. I don't loose a few horsepower to run the HST either.

I looked at the Kioti also but the dealerships around here have all but gone away so service was a concern. The service I have recieved from the Kubota dealer has been first rate, worth the extra money.

One of the reasons I spent the extra on a Kubota was for the resale value, should my wife ever need to sell the tractor after I no longer need it. I wanted something she would not have any problem selling and making back close to what I paid for it.

Do what is right for your budget.

Rnady

/ gonna by something, need some answers #4  
If you want the fwd/reverser you will want to go with the kioti or the kubota 3010.
The L3000dt does not have the fwd/rev ,nor does it have a synchronized transmission.
with the 3000 you have to stop to shift every time you want to change gears..

/ gonna by something, need some answers #5  
Just priced a L3000DT tractor only from local dealer for $11100. With the new rebates Kubota seems to be the tracotr to buy.