Good camera and monitor with sun shield for rear viewing operation when haying

/ Good camera and monitor with sun shield for rear viewing operation when haying #1  

powerscol

Veteran Member
Tractor
CT 235
I thought of putting this here instead of customization as it is an operating tool. I want to add a good camera on the back of my ROPS and have a good sunlight readable monitor to keep track of whats behind me. I did do a search, but found not much. Camera needs have a good resolution to see the back end of my baler, and tedding results. Being able to tilt the camera down to see the draw bar a plus to aid in hooking up equipment. Monitor again needs to be sharp picture and good resolution and be readable in sunlight as I go around the field. Everything needs to be weatherproof. Possibly need something marine rated?

I am not looking for the $29.25 special and now this will be an investment.

Appreciate any good suggestions - getting tired of a stiff neck etc

Thanks Keith

/ Good camera and monitor with sun shield for rear viewing operation when haying #2  
One suggestion would be look for an automotive backup cam, they are relatively small and easy to mount, there are various sized screens for dash mounting but can also be mounted overhead in a cab. They are pretty good to see in sunlight... better picture with higher resolutions on the camera and pixels on the screens. If you need anti glare screens that can be seen in direct sunlight buy some Polarized film and stick over the view screen.

/ Good camera and monitor with sun shield for rear viewing operation when haying #4  
The one I have has 3 cams and is switchable. One facing back, one to the right side for watching side mounted implements like hay mowers and one on the left too. Think I paid around 200 bucks for it on Hay Talk.

/ Good camera and monitor with sun shield for rear viewing operation when haying #6  
I don't think a backup camera will work well for you, the field of view is too wide.

You need a narrower field of view to see what is happening back there.

fv 555.jpg

More info here: Rearview Systems: Backup Camera Safety Kits & Accessories

/ Good camera and monitor with sun shield for rear viewing operation when haying #7  
Following this thread as I plan to incorporate as system on my tractor. I’d like both front and rear and hope to have a wireless IOS setup that uses either ipad or iphone as the monitor.

/ Good camera and monitor with sun shield for rear viewing operation when haying #8  
The one I have has 3 cams and is switchable. One facing back, one to the right side for watching side mounted implements like hay mowers and one on the left too. Think I paid around 200 bucks for it on Hay Talk.

Have a link?