Good Deal ck4010se???

/ Good Deal ck4010se??? #13  
Welcome to TBN. Congrats on your new tractor, sounds like a bargain. But no pictures, it never happened.

/ Good Deal ck4010se???
Here you are! Oh it happened! 😂

Attachments

• IMG_5304.jpeg
    IMG_5304.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5305.jpeg
    IMG_5305.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5306.jpeg
    IMG_5306.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5307.jpeg
    IMG_5307.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5308.jpeg
    IMG_5308.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5309.jpeg
    IMG_5309.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5303.jpeg
    IMG_5303.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
   / Good Deal ck4010se???
I burn firewood and have quite a bit forest to tidy up. Now I got figure out which grapple will be best to carry logs and rake the forest floor. Also which flail more to buy and how big? Will this tractor run a 84” flail or is a 72” better in tight corners. I have a 12 acre field that will need cut.

/ Good Deal ck4010se??? #16  
I've got a Kioti grapple and I like it, but if I hadn't been able to finance it with my tractor I would have gone with an EA Wicked.

/ Good Deal ck4010se??? #18  
Sweet, that sucker is clean. Loader bucket has hardly been used!

Regarding grapples. Everyone says the ETA wicked grapple is awesome, and I don't disagree. My 3510 came with one and I was loving it for brush and one log at a time. It is nice and light so you retain maximum loader capacity.

However, I quickly realized that I should sell it and go a different way. The biggest downside was that it can only hold one log at a time, even if it is small. You just can't get underneath a pile of logs and grab more than one, since the bottom teeth are so short. Probably works great at ripping brush roots out of the ground, but that's not my usage.

I had heard good things about MTL (just make sure to call them, don't order blind on the web) and realized they are a crazy good bargain. Under $1200 for a very solid grapple (I went 54" wide) that can hold a lot more at one time than the ETA wicked root grapple can. In my case I ended up profiting $500 to switch to a more capable grapple, no regrets at all. PM me for any more grapple questions if you like.

/ Good Deal ck4010se??? #19  
When ordering a grapple, want to leave as much lift capacity as you can. I highly recommend the Homestead Implement ones. My 72'' which is overkill weights 366#, I would go with a less than 60'' if I'd choose it now.

IMG_3406.jpg