Good deal on JD 4110?

/ Good deal on JD 4110? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi All,

I've been lurking on the forums for several months trying to decide on the tractor I need. I have a 2 acre yard and another 15 acres we mow three or four times a year. I think I have settled for a 4110. The dealer in our area has one with a FEL, 60" MMM, cruise, hydrostatic, R4 tires, and folding rops for $15,400 delivered. Does this sound in line?

I also noticed that the tractor (the only 4110 he has on the lot at the moment) has 9.2 hours on it. He told me that sometimes the tractors come in with a few hours on them and this tractor had been test driven on the lot, but never actually used by anyone. Still comes with the 2 year waranty. Should I be concerned about it?

Any advice welcomed.

/ Good deal on JD 4110? #2  
I recently priced a 4115 and w/ the loader it came to almost $18000. As I recall the price for a pull behind finish mower added another $1700-1800. Not sure what the price diff between the 4110 and 4115 are butyour price does seem pretty good....relatively speaking. jimg

/ Good deal on JD 4110? #3  
that is a TERRIBLE price! Tou should NOT buy it!

Where exactly is that dealer... I only want to look for, er, research... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sounds like a very good deal, to me... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Good deal on JD 4110? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I also noticed that the tractor (the only 4110 he has on the lot at the moment) has 9.2 hours on it. He told me that sometimes the tractors come in with a few hours on them and this tractor had been test driven on the lot, but never actually used by anyone. Still comes with the 2 year waranty. Should I be concerned about it?
)</font>

Personally, I wouldn't be worried about the 9.2 hours. As the dealer said, a few folks test driving it on the lot can add up. Also, I don't know if the hour meter on the 4110 is electrical or geared to the engine rpms. If it is electrical, it will run any time the switch is left on, whether the engine is actually running or not. Could be one of the test drivers forgot to turn the switch all the way to the off position. IMHO /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sounds like a very good price.

/ Good deal on JD 4110? #5  
Personally, I wouldn't be concerned about the 9.2 hours on the meter at all.

/ Good deal on JD 4110? #6  
Not a bad deal. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif The 9.2 hours is not a big deal. The dealers are required to periodically start the tractors up and make a full warm up run to keep the batteries charged, circulate fluids, and ensure all is well by John Deere. Customers also test operate the tractors as well.

/ Good deal on JD 4110? #7  
I paid $13,910 for my 4110 w/410 loader...