Good deal??

/ Good deal?? #1  

HGM

Veteran Member
Tractor
YM2000
Guys,
My buddie ran across a deal I think sounds pretty good, just thought I'd run it by you.

He has a '2000 JD 4100(21hp) 4x4 with 500hrs that shows some wear, it was kept outside before he bought it. A local Deere dealer has a 2001 NH TC29(30hp) 4x4 w/300hrs, that he took in on trade and hasnt been able to sell. He told my buddie that he would give him $7500 for the JD and let him have the NH for $9500...The only issue is that he has 4' implements for the JD and would have to sell them and get 6' for the TC29..

I personally thought this was a pretty good deal and no brainer.. What do you think??

/ Good deal?? #2  
Why not buy the NH from the dealer and sell the JD himself. He'll get a good deal more than $7,500 for it. Probably more like $9,500 (assuming the tractors you are talking about don't have FELs, otherwise more).

Cliff

/ Good deal??
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yea, that makes sense.. I think he's trying to justify it to his wife /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. The $2000 might be easier to swing than the $9500 w/ a promise. Neither have a loader, thanks for the suggestion.

/ Good deal?? #4  
Maybe this will helpful? Here is a JD 4100 with JD Loader with 98 hrs that we have for sale at $12,500--Ken Sweet
Phone Toll Free 1-866-528-3323
Email sweet@scrtc.com

478jd4100.jpg

/ Good deal??
Thanks guys,

Still seems like a pretty good deal, I'll talk to him about advertising the JD..Maybe he can shrink that $2000 difference. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Good deal??
Well, my brother inlaw bought it for $1200(as I remember), then he sold it to my buddy for $10000( I think he got abused there).. Both included the Bush Hog brand cutter(4')..

/ Good deal?? #8  
Let me understand this correctly......................

He still has to write a check for $9,500 or $2,000?

/ Good deal??
OOps.....Missed a zero there.... BIL payed $12,000...

The deal is that if he trades the JD for the used NH he will need to come up with $2,000 to make up the difference..

If he walks in and buy's it outright, its $9500. He then needs to sell the JD on his own..(this scenerio is more difficult to get past the wife I think).. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Good deal?? #10  
I think if your buddy really needs a bigger tractor, then the $2k upgrade is a good thing. If he doesn't really need the bigger tractor and the associated larger implements, then it's not all that great of a deal. Moving 4' implements may be harder than he thinks. I'd ask the dealer if he could help me by taking the implements on consignment and pay him a commission on the sale.

Just a thought...