Good example of the value of KTAC insurance

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #61  
I have a neighbor that is 80 years old. His homeowner insurance is around 1000 a yr. He recently cancelled his homeowners policy because he has not put in a claim in over 45 years. He is also at the end of his life expectancy, so he figures he is gambling with about five years. If you do the time value of money he could have around 125K had he invested conservatively (the 1000) over 45 years, and for a total loss he would have collected around 300K.
I disagree with his decision because he has a wife 15 years younger (rascal!) who could be left with nothing in case of a total loss or lawsuit and we are only talking about $5000 savings over 5 years. Had he known 45 years ago, well, hindsight is great isn't it? The point is, many people use their equipment in such a way that it is unlikely that they would ever have a loss. How many will ever lose their homes (god forbid) to fire or flood. But if you use equipment to the extreme, or live in a flood plain or near a forest fire risk, it is no longer just a matter of dollars and cents. Your piece of mind is important to your quality of life. My 80 year old neighbor has more piece of mind knowing he will have an extra thousand dollars to enjoy in his final years-so is he wrong? The incidence of loss in a tractor may be remote-but that is what keeps the cost down. Fifteen bucks a month for me-and I spend about 125 a month at the local coffee shop. I'm not buying coffee, just a place to sit and b.s. before work-and insurance is not an investment it is piece of mind.

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #63  
Kubota insurance has some other value added aspects as well. Break your little white HST fan on your BX? Pay only the $250 deductible. Not bad.

Are you sure about that? I just visited the site to request a quote. Under "exclusions" it lists Mechanical Breakdown.
But then again, I don't own a BX. I have heard of the fan issue on these pages but guess I didn't look into it deep enough. Do the fans simply fail or are they inadequately protected from damage by rocks, tree limbs, external influences, etc.?
I'm under the impression that it really isn't an extended warranty type of thing, but for accidental damages. Speaking of that, I recently received a postcard from Kubota, trying to sell an extended warranty. I didn't opt for it. I've only put 65 hours on the tractor in 2 years.

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #64  
JJZ 109 - You're correct. KTAC does not cover Mechanical Breakdown but if something causes the damage, such as a rock, it would be covered. We would also pay to transport it to the dealership and back home. Out of pocket expense is $250. Our goal is to keep a Kubota customer buying Kubota so we go out of our way to provide good service. :thumbsup:

P.S. - I am working on enhancing our website so it provides more info.

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #65  
JJZ 109 - You're correct. KTAC does not cover Mechanical Breakdown but if something causes the damage, such as a rock, it would be covered. We would also pay to transport it to the dealership and back home. Out of pocket expense is $250. Our goal is to keep a Kubota customer buying Kubota so we go out of our way to provide good service. :thumbsup:

P.S. - I am working on enhancing our website so it provides more info.

Received an email from Debbie. Sent her back the particulars on the tractor and am now awaiting the quote. Judging by the prices mentioned by others, I'm thinking it won't be too bad.

Looks like $238 per year for a unit they value at $19,840.

Last edited: