Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #14,861  
we had rain over night and we have more coming with 53 this morning and a high of 60 today.i cut the grass for the last time now it will be chopping leaves.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,862  
Don, may be you are expecting to much from your DW and Deere. :D 10 mph is more in line with what you can expect from your Deere.

You are right Ron. It is 16.9 km/h not mph. Ok DW gets a break, for going 1/3 speed instead of 1/5 speed.

74˚ partly cloudy humid. Still limited on what I can do while this knee heals. I'm finding out that if you can't carry things you can't get much work done - and it is very hard to carry things with crutches.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,863  
Today we are working on more arrangements for our daughters wedding, wife is one busy woman for sure and me we'll I'm the guy driving her around!

I don't envy you at all. I was through all that a few years back when my distant cousin came from Germany to get married on our TEXAS farm. When they got here we had exactly 2 weeks to get everything together and that is EVERYTHING! From invitations to wedding dress, to flowers, to a cake, to the judge, to photographer, to a meal for 100 and all the furniture for an outdoor wedding and evening dance with 5000 lights, to a chauffeured (me) ride to one of the best Texas resorts for their Honeymoon.....etc....... I feel for you. ( and yes it did rain that one day during the year-long drought) but we pulled it off and got them married with a Texas Marriage Certificate to take back to Germany for an easy conversion to Deutsch. Good luck and take time to enjoy!!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #14,864  
Good Morning. 0920, sunny, 76* with 88% humidity. Forecast high of 90* with 20% chance of rain. It looks like TS Karen will be touching land around the mouth of the Mississippi River about midnight Saturday night, then coming ashore between Mobile and Pensacola during the day on Sunday. Since I planted my rye grass yesterday, I wouldn't mind a little rain.

Margie stayed home from work to make poppers and pepper rings today. She is also going to do a batch of sweet pickles. And I will get some real lunch before I head in to work this afternoon.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,865  
Still working in the garden and ripping out all tomato vines and any old tomatoes. I dump them in a farm field to keep the spread of tomato diseases down. Apparently it works because with rotation as well have not had a bad tomato season in quite a few years.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,866  
. . . and writing the checks?:eek:

It's a breezy 70 F here this morning with clouds expected to increase as a result of an approaching cold front that will sweep through overnight or early tomorrow. I hope it brings at least a couple of drops of rain.

Jim I even let her do the check writing. Hey first born so she is worth almost everything and come to think about it that is about what this is costing me?LOL

/ Good morning!!!! #14,867  
Good morning all. 68F going to 88F today mostly sunny and breezy. Yesterday's high was 87F and the wind started up about 11AM. More watering, testing boat leak repairs and garage sale prep today, with dodging rain drops tomorrow during garage sale :) .

/ Good morning!!!! #14,868  
it is very hard to carry things with crutches.

How about rigging something to a pair of suspenders, and pull a lightweight cart behind you?
or you could rent one of those very small electric mobility gizmos like they have in the supermarket, and use it for the next
month until you're back up to speed. It could carry tools also...
Or even a backpack like the kids wear...go snitch one from one of the grandkids! :D

Someday my arthritis is going to put me in a wheelchair, though hopefully a long time from now, so I've been thinking about this a bunch. How do you get on a boat, up into your tractor, when you can't support your own weight.
I think there is a thread going somewhere here on this topic. ?

Someone blessed me with broad shoulders, figuratively and literally, but my ability to hold up those broad and heavy shoulders is becoming increasingly more difficult. And I'm not old... let me repeat that...

Nadene is comfortable in her bed in the hospital and I'm going to surprise her with a second trip, with roses, two creme filled donuts, and the stuff she forgot on the first trip. Luckily it's only an hour away, right past the Bryn Athyn Cathedral, which is like something out of Europe plopped down in North Philadelphia. I almost want to put the car window down and see if I can hear the choir and the lowest stop and rumble of the organ. Organs and carillions, weird, I was sure not raised in a church with them. Maybe that's why I find them so neat. And humbling, like looking up at the ceiling in that cathedral.

got to go. my wife was quite chipper on the phone and was ordering lunch. wait til she sees her dessert...:dance1:

/ Good morning!!!! #14,869  
71F .16 inches since midnight, nice morning

Drew, I knew that :). Best thoughts and prayers for Nadene and you.

Have a great day. David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #14,870  
But then we only had English cars which were rather cramped inside and lay-back seats hadn't been invented.

Non! Monsieur! Ze Peugeot 403 had reclining seats. What insanity struck me to buy this thing when I was seventeen for the summer transport to a job, but it had a sunroof and reclining front seats, in the early sixties. And four on the tree.
When it broke, not too long after i got it, it was buried, as was appropriate.