Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,941  
50 degrees falling all day looks like could rain any minute but mostly light next week above normal temps until last week of February locally.

Interesting hike wngsprd been a long time for me. Notice eggs are on two cartons per and price not posted gas going back up wow.

prayers for all our country

/ Good morning!!!! #163,942  
Good Morning!!!! 44F @ 5:30AM. Mostly sunny. High 58F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Still rain on and off in the 10-day.

It's a lot easier adding filing cabinets than it is emptying them, Paul. But I've been culling files of old receipts and records at a ten year limit, and keeping the camp fire roaring with the results. Got a drawer full of shop tool manuals and guarantee cards, too, and many of the tools have been moved on to greener pastures, and that paperwork needs to be culled as well. I'm motivated, as the more I get rid of now, the less I'll have to move later.

Finished up on the touring bike yesterday with a brake flush and a few odds'n'ends. Learned that the new neutral switch I installed in the transmission isn't working, which means I have to hold the clutch in to get it to start. I don't have a spare on the shelf, so I'll have to put up with that a while. Ironic thing is that the factory part is prone to leakage, and the "improved" aftermarket one that failed is supposed to be more reliable. Sometimes, maybe.

Contractor and civil engineer are supposed to visit tomorrow and firm up plans on rebuilding the chimney chase. Hopefully that leads to information to get the insurance settlement going again.

Got the last of the big wood pile sorted and moved, but still left a lot of sticks stuck in the mud. Gonna need another dry spell to finish grading the ground off, but I don't think that'll take much time at all. Still have two, maybe three, more piles to sort and move, but have to figure out where to move them to. Running out of level ground.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,943  
Good Morning! -17F overnight, going up to a balmy +14F. Sunny. At least the wind is dead calm, instead of blowing 30mph.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,944  
Good morning from west KY at +24F

We got lucky last night because The rain stopped before we got ice damage and even the cedar trees are not bending over this morning and the power lines are clear thankfully.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,945  
Good morning to all! Low of 15°, going up to 38°.... the remnants of the cold that shot down to Texas... All that's left here is some freezing fog. Not too heavy right now, may hang around for a few hours.

LFN, finally you are reporting temps conducive to your area! I was starting to think somehow we got switched around.....

Dennis, good job on the church's camera system. Hope you can find the noise issue.

Jim, sounds like a vice walk with the pup. Hope you get the house tidy before Liz gets home.....

Wng, there was a story on our news this past weekend about a mother / daughter that were hiking the trail. I think they were just past the 3/4 mark. The mom was 83, daughter was 59. I give them kudos!

RNG, hope the contractor and engineer can come together with a plan for you. Then the insurance gets on board.....
Hopefully you can find a simple solution for the neutral switch.

Drew, the Grand Design units are feature rich. I am impressed with ours. The fit and finish is very good. Hope they have something to suit your fancy!

No real plan of attack for today's agenda.... plenty of things to do. I just have to pick something....

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,946  
66°F and .5 inches rain.

Motivation staid successfully elusive yesterday. Think it had something to do with getting up an hour early. Still the day seemed to whisk away with small tasks along the way.

Do today presents same major choice determined by the wx. Leaning toward the PV wiring. Lots of up and down the ladder but greater short term payoff given our heavy overcast of late.

Friends bringing dinner over later, baked Ziti.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #163,947  
23F partly cloudy north winds slowly increasing bring arctic cold for end of week into weekend. :(

Quite day at work able to get lot done :) this afternoon Dr. appointment and Mrs. said she will becoming :oops: sure hope she doesn't throw me under the bus like the last couple of times. 🙄

Enjoy yur day all.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #163,948  
20F and mostly cloudy @ 11:30 ... sun was peeking out a little bit ago ... heading up to a high of around of 25F. Low this morning was 15.6F.

Filled up deer and hopper feeders a little bit ago, also spread cracked corn on the ground for the ground feeders.

UPS just dropped off the spindle sander.

Amazon delivered the belt/disc sander yesterday ... along with a few other little items:

IMG_2201 copy.jpg

Got the belt/disc sander unpacked and set up on the low workbench on the north wall of the garage.

Chop saw located on the same bench and screwed down, also blade checked for square, was spot on.

Need to go clear a path so I can move the spindle sander in.

Started sanding on the board for the table saw sled and the router fence.

Got one of the ladder hangers put up on the wall, still have another one to do plus the hanger for the bike.

Knick-knacks from the Home Depot trip:

IMG_2199 copy.jpg

Will be nice to have a decent tape measure again for my EDC. Still kicking myself for losing Grandpa's old Stanley ... :(

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #163,949  
Drew, thanks for insurance answer. That was my understanding but couldn’t find anything quotable.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,950  
Good morning! 28˚F misty and icy. Too dangerous to even walk the Whip. We sent her outside in the back yard and she promptly slipped and fell on the ice covered rock patio. It will stay below freezing all day, high will be 31˚.