Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,451  
Good morning, the low is 35 and going to a high of 48°F. Wind ENE 8 mph. Sunny.

Today is the day the tree feller is coming, we will see if he shows up.

That line of storms coming up from Texas looks like there is a 'spin off' headed for Ottawa, ON. Will miss me altogether. This is a good thing.

BEF, what website are you using for your Ireland research?

The paternal side of our family came over from Ireland in the mid 1800s.
The maternal side came over from Nottingham, UK in the early 1900s.

Have a safe day all
Have not researched in Ireland, just birth records and census records here showing parent birth place. Right now I’m just cleaning up my spreadsheets of what I’ve already collected. The research takes a long time and leads to many rabbit holes. Unless I have a mistake, just learned mom was born 2 months after her parents married. I’ve missed that before. 😂 Dad’s oldest sister 7 months after parents married. 😂
One discrepancy is historical documenting my GGG grandfather coming from Ireland, but 2 census list VA.
I know from other historical works I’ve done, that people get things wrong in passing it down. Had someone recently tell me George Washington surveyed his area of raccoon creek in central Ohio.
Library of Congress, has list of his surveys, none there. But he did return from his 1770 survey down the Ohio river to kanawha via raccoon creek PA, west of Pittsburgh. When I told the guy, he wasn’t buying my version. 😂

/ Good morning!!!! #187,452  
Good Morning,
Vt, 37 to start going to 47 ! Rain came down pretty good last night ! Could hear it pounding the roof last night in our upstairs bedroom ! But nice to listen to !

I'm considering a Hearthstone soapstone stove this time around. Hopefully it'll be quieter than the QuadraFire up north.
RNG, we have had this Hearthstone Heritage for 10 or 11 years ! First 3 years at our Ct home and the lady 8 in our Vt home after we put the family room addition on ! This room is 18 by 28 , which is very well insulated, you can blow yourself out of this room with too much heat if your not careful ! I’m very happy with this stove !

When we got up here yesterday afternoon, my flag was snagged in a branch from a birch tree branch, and I ended up having to cut the tree down to free the flag up ! Tree was about 14” dia, so let oks like I will have some birch fire wood for next year ! I will buck it up later this morning and bring it to the back side of the barn for splitting!

Hope to get a little work done on the rocker seats before grand kids arrive !

Hope all have a great day ! 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_3807.jpeg
    IMG_3807.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
   / Good morning!!!! #187,453  
I have to go to TAX Office to pay my taxes. They give away Hersey Kisses to those that come in to pay. :D
Kind of like when I go to the drive-in at the bank because they give treats to my dog when they see her in the truck.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #187,454  
Not much sleep last night stomach issues bathroom not my friend. Prayers for all our Country
Sad to hear that Buppies. I couldn't get much sleep last night because thunder and lightning kept waking me up.

Hope your stomach issues resolve soon!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,456  
Good morning. 48° now and just got done raining again. Maybe 53° or so today.

Survived all the storms last night. Rain and distant thunder was all we got. Other parts of Ohio weren’t as lucky.

Not sure what I will get not today, but will find something.

Everyone stay safe out there

/ Good morning!!!! #187,457  
Good Morning! Sure had the thunder, lightning and rain early this morning. All that passed through about an hour ago. Sun is comimg out of the clouds now. Shaping up to be a nice wet day. Predicted to get up to almost 80f today.

Tried out the new Milwaukee battery top handle chain saw yesterday. Cut some low limbs on bushes that always hit me when mowing. It's sure handy. Glad I got it.

Noticed some pretty sizable cracks in the yard yesterday. Didn't think about it being that dry but maybe they will close up with the rain from last night.

Trying to make some time on the schedule to go down to Port Aransas before it gets too busy. Just a day or two there would really be nice.

My wife is bringing our grandaughter back with her Sunday for a few days. So, that means I have to get this place cleaned up.

Have a nice day and be well everyone. Pray for our Nation.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,458  
Good morning. 48° now and just got done raining again. Maybe 53° or so today.

Survived all the storms last night. Rain and distant thunder was all we got. Other parts of Ohio weren’t as lucky.
I think power might be out at dads based on my camera power status. Didn’t call yet.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,459  
Traffic jam in Houston does not make cowboy late to rodeo.

And from the wife's point of view:

/ Good morning!!!! #187,460  
64°F and 1,61 inches rain.

Off to Kona this morning
IMG_1646.JPG

Deliver my LS to dealer

Wish it wasn’t raining. Likely seem like a long 80 miles.

Guys lost at H&F. Off to a decent start then the gals just steamrolled us.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day