Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!!
#54,131  
Thanks. Hope things work out with the boy. I have no kids so I offer no advice...

/ Good morning!!!!
#54,132  
aka English Black Walnut?
ok, what's a better one to grow?
Black walnuts are kinda messy, but they also put out a chemical that keeps other plants from growing nearby.

/ Good morning!!!! #54,133  
aka English Black Walnut?
ok, what's a better one to grow?

No idea, as we inherited all of our trees. The black walnuts leave a nasty stain on everything they touch. They're delicious, and we had a bumper crop last year from just the one tree, but man are they messy.

Are you just looking for your own consumption, Drew, or are you looking to grow and sell nuts?

/ Good morning!!!! #54,134  
Dad gathers black walnuts and hickory nuts every fall from wild trees on his place. Dumps them in the driveway (gravel). Then drives over them for a week or so. It knocks the outer shells off. It takes a lot of the mess out of both. Pickup and they're ready to crack.

Black walnuts outer shell dumped in a barrel of water makes an excellent cleaner for traps. Just hang traps and let them soak a few days. Oder and rust are gone.

/ Good morning!!!! #54,135  
Good Morning! 49F @ 8:00AM. Rain. High 44F. Winds SE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected. Locally heavier rainfall possible.

It's a shame that my previous comment was misinterpreted as a political rant, rather than an observation on social behavior. From now on I'll just stick to the weather so as not to further ruffle any feathers.

/ Good morning!!!! #54,137  
65°F and .10 inches rain yesterday, a pretty dry Jan so far.

Hope all our silent members are OK. I do miss their postings.

Got a haircut yesterday, wife got an extreme haircut. It'll grow back lol. I still love her :)

Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #54,138  
What's the Difference Between English Walnuts and Black Walnuts? | Serious Eats

had to look it up. English walnuts it is, thank you gentlemen. PJ, everything gets given away. i will worry about overabundance when that bridge arrives to cross.

I grew up with black walnuts in PA, huge tree near our barn sheds, limbs were always falling off and smashing into something. Took out the tractor shed roof with one big limb, poked a big hole in it and missed the steering wheel of our JD B by two feet.

neighbor asked me to dig the dead dog's grave, which I just came back from. This is where having a backhoe would make things seriously easy but the tree/root spade got it done. Of course they wanted it dug under trees so I fought with the roots for awhile.

I'm told about 45 years ago a memorable quote showed up in a national magazine.
It said we measure our lives in dogs.

/ Good morning!!!! #54,139  
And we don't want to bring it here!!! One "Friendly Politics is quite enough!
I reported one post (in this thread) today, due to political content. Once it starts, it'll be hard to stop...
Thank you Roy!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #54,140  
Was drooling at the Polaris dealer tonight.....I got lots of black walnut trees. Nice lumber.