Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #61,441  
... Kubota owners. Does anyone have trouble with their Kubota picking up a 3pt. post auger? Mines a MX5200 R4 tires. Lift maxes out and the tip is still dragging the ground. Lift arms are in the high setting. Auger is in lowest top link point and auger lift pins are in 1st hole.
I have a CountyLine unit from TSC that I use with our B2910 which I think is pretty much set up as you have described.

It does clear the ground - at least when I'm level ground - but it's close.

Also will third function valves run an auger or are they only for grapples? Only ever been around third function on skid steers.
No experience there ... but I can't see why one wouldn't.

/ Good morning!!!! #61,442  
Then I might do some welding inside the barn. At least it's in the shade and I have a fan.

If the breeze from that fan is too strong it will blow away the envelope of gas shielding the hot weld metal from oxidation due to oxygen in the atmosphere. Unfortunately, that can make the weldor almost as hot as the weld!:laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #61,443  
Just finished the three drawings, turned them into PDF's, and sent them along via the email. Done well before the "requested by" date even ... :rolleyes:

Sounds like you were wrestling with ClarisCAD. Apple got sued for infringing copyright and dropped support for it, what, ten years ago? Tried several substitutes, none of which worked as well or as easily, and ended up with ViaCAD. It's OK, and also offers solid modeling, but it's quirky and not nearly as intuitive. It also cost a lot more, but not nearly as much as one of the pro level packages...:rolleyes:

/ Good morning!!!! #61,444  
Also will third function valves run an auger or are they only for grapples? Only ever been around third function on skid steers.

You'll have to check pressure / flow requirements of auger and compare that to what pressure / flow your function has available.

/ Good morning!!!! #61,445  
69°F and .56 inches rain. Sun shining

Be safe.
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #61,446  
Good Morning!!!! 79F and climbing fast @ 9:30AM. Plentiful sunshine. High 98F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

A buddy came down from Redding early yesterday morning to get a pair of tires swapped out on his motorcycle, which gave me the incentive to get up early and do some cleanup in the garage so we'd have a place to work. No surprises with the tire swap, but with all the laughing and scratching we didn't finish up until noon and he was riding into the heat in the way home. I finished up the afternoon bead blasting the bad paint off the old bike's aircleaner cover. That paint may not have looked nice, but it sure took a lot more abrasive to get it off than what was on there originally.:rolleyes: Now if I can just get a cool enough day to get the new coat to flow out nice.

The big sheet of solar filter material I ordered showed up a few days ago, so instead of waiting until the last minute I'll see what needs to be done to mount some on the most recent digital camera's 40x zoom lens. Probably end up just cutting a circle out and using a piece of double faced tape to secure it in place. Then see if I can photograph a sunspot or two to prove it out.

Turns out the mechanic had ordered in and received the new driveshaft for the van, but the paint on it doesn't look that good. I'll get it wet sanded today and be ready to top coat it with a nice satin black when the weather cools off again next week.

The capacitors for the dash clock on the van showed up yesterday so I'll have a try at making that repair. Not much else planned, so maybe time to have another go at the shop floor plans. Or another afternoon siesta:laughing:

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

/ Good morning!!!! #61,447  
Sounds like you were wrestling with ClarisCAD.
Actually, it was/is formZ (Renderzone version) by autodesys ...

Apple got sued for infringing copyright and dropped support for it, what, ten years ago? Tried several substitutes, none of which worked as well or as easily, and ended up with ViaCAD. It's OK, and also offers solid modeling, but it's quirky and not nearly as intuitive. It also cost a lot more, but not nearly as much as one of the pro level packages...:rolleyes:
formZ is kind of quirky and not at all inuitive (IMO) ... but you get used to what you learn, in terms of workflow.

I suppose it was (or could be) considered a "pro level" package ... it sure had a (somewhat) "pro level" price tag at the time ($1500 IIRC) ... :laughing:

At one time I was on their yearly "Family Plan" ... which got you all the updates/patches in a given year and discounts on major upgrades ... but after I got out of doing graphics and wasn't using it as much, I had better things to do with the $300/year or so cost for the pleasure of being considered "part of the family".

Does both surface and solid modeling ... and has a pretty decent (full) toolset ...

The most current version I have is 2.9.3 (circa 1998/1999 ?) I believe ... I think 8.5 is currently in beta ...

Would be interesting to see what that looks like ... but I probably don't have any machines that it would install on ... due to either the hardware or OS being too old.

BTW, it's non-OS X ... I'm running it in the Classic environment.

/ Good morning!!!! #61,448  
82F partly cloudy sky mid 80's for high w/light breeze now and than.

Took the trimmer for 3 1/2 walker this morning humidity was heavy,got all clean up having lunch Mrs. said she like to fishing later today...yup the boat and goodies are now loaded.

Warmer temps on the way least until Wednesday. :(

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #61,449  
spent my first two hours today spraying both orchards due to tent caterpillars.
Then hustled back to barn to weld. Started that at 9am and stopped at 2pm.
Pleased with what got done, pleased that fill in primer covers so much.
Most of my welds looked like marble cake, swirled with slag. But the job got done, and
hopefully it will all not pop apart like Legos if I hit something...

Did a huge amount of grinding due to poor welding. Dirty business. Wearing a heavily insulated filthy Hobart
flame proof shirt did not add to my comfort. Plus hot gloves and a helmet.
One of the welding varieties i'm told you can sit in an air conditioned room and weld. That is beginning to sound
really really good.

Attachments

• DSCN0754.JPG
    DSCN0754.JPG
    519.5 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN0761.JPG
    DSCN0761.JPG
    494.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0773.JPG
    DSCN0773.JPG
    527.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN0774.JPG
    DSCN0774.JPG
    536.1 KB · Views: 58
   / Good morning!!!! #61,450  
... One of the welding varieties i'm told you can sit in an air conditioned room and weld. That is beginning to sound
really really good.
Once you go MIG ... :D

The water is on the stove for another pot of java, and I just moved the soil screen frame into the shop to finish it up before I start on the SSQA repair and turned both AC's on to cool things down.

It was 78F in there and felt a little close ... :laughing: