Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #62,671  
rescue.jpg
Someone got a little too exuberant (or careless) on their motorcycle just east of here on the Feather River Canyon road, and ended up riding off a high embankment. Seems like it took half the county's rescue squad to get them out from the pictures, but injuries were described as "only moderate".

Screened the movie "Hacksaw Ridge" last night, which portrayed the actions of Desmond Doss on Okinawa during WWII. Very good movie, but if anything, it failed to relay the magnitude of what Doss actually did. No wonder they call the people of that era "The Greatest Generation"!

/ Good morning!!!! #62,672  
Ed Thomas said:
Now its our turn as they say. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #62,673  
wngsprd Congrats said:
Just working out the finer details need to write letter....soon.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,675  
Buppies Thomas that's a long time at one job. I will bet you have heard and seen all sorts of things. Congratulations [/QUOTE said:
Sure have...grant dollars have been spent :eek::confused2::mad::rolleyes::thumbdown::eek: students out look on life w/attitudes.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,676  
daugen; Though the articles I read on today's youth characterizes them as less capable of dealing with life said:
Fall until spring indeed struggle for most students being a way from home...learning from there choices as they taste life from little protection of mother parents wing,to harsh winter elements...ahhh what classroom books don't teach can be priceless.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,677  
The low this morning was 30*, yesterday's high was 45*. Overcast now going to partly cloudy in the afternoon. The high will be in the low 50*'s. Talked to a neighbor and he said that he has not seen snow like this in September here. Forecast is for it to warm up for the week.

Glad I got the heater in the side by side. buckeyefarmer made me laugh with his 91*. That's just to hot.
Last year I bought 4, 12 volt seat heathers from Shopko that you plug in. They were on sale for about ten dollars each. They seem to work good to take the chill off when I used the side by side. I was thinking about putting one in the tractor this winter . And see how it works when I'm moving snow.

To wet to do much outside today. Need to clean up the garage some.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
CWB.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,678  
Fall until spring indeed struggle for most students being a way from home...learning from there choices as they taste life from little protection of mother parents wing,to harsh winter elements...ahhh what classroom books don't teach can be priceless.
Yes, there's a lot more to learning than the books. Why I think it's better to go away to school, and not comute from home.

Mine are 1000 miles away, course today they have instant text and cell coverage, unlike when i went away. My youngest dropped his laptop and broke it this weekend. A good youtube video helped him with taking it apart, fixed it as good as it can be, and it still works so all is well.

If he was home, it would have been dad fixing it. Fortunately just some plastic broke, and not the screen, although the video shows the screen is replaceable fairly easy.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,679  
Supposed to hit the 90's again today. Maybe i should get a heater for my ranger, but id rather get a windshield first. My tractor has a cab and heat, so i use it for snow removal.

/ Good morning!!!! #62,680  
64°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 91° today. Tomorrow will be rather warm again, then we get some more seasonable temperatures starting Wednesday.

Didn't seem like I got a lot done over the weekend, and yet I completely cleared my little to-do list populated with small, piddly things. One of the things was replacing the toilet seat in the upstairs bathroom. One of the plastic bolts had stripped and loosened, which caused the seat to move. While removing the old one and installing the new one, I began wondering why they make those plastic bolts three times longer than they need to be.

Wife started decorating the house for Halloween yesterday. She hasn't been able to do that for a couple of years, and even enjoyed digging the stuff out of storage to do it. I noticed while in WallyWorld yesterday that they already have Xmas decoration stuff out on the shelves.