Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #66,021  
Cannot remember driving a long distance for anything like others. But I did fly to Turin, Italy to replace a fuse in a controller. Replaced fuse and got on the next flight back home. Time at job site, 30 minutes. Travel time, 23 hours and 8,580 miles. Never had time to get jet lag.

That beats me

Back in 1991 I was stationed in Heidelberg and somewhat abruptly got reassigned to Fairfax, VA. 30 Days to relocate. We had been to Prague that Christmas holiday but unfortunately the crystal shop was out of inventory and we wanted a crystal chandelier. So one morning, my friend Brian and I jumped on a train in Heidelberg rode to Prague, bought the chandelier and returned home. As I recall we didn’t even get lunch or a beer in Prague.

Here it is hanging currently.
Image1513362119.029087.jpg

It sat more than 15 years in the box (it came completely disassembled, instructions in Czech) as we never lived in a house appropriate to hang it.

/ Good morning!!!! #66,022  
24F and cloudy @ 15:00, with an 8 mph wind out of the SW. Temp will remain around 24F to 26F until around 03:00 when it will start rising and by 10:00 tomorrow we should be above freezing. Looks like several days of above freezing temps.

Kubota dealer did not have the pin for the lower link on the 3PH, so I had them order one. Should be in by Tuesday/Wednesday. It will be my luck to discover the one that fell out now I that I've went ahead and ordered it ... :laughing:

I think I'll be checking and/or replacing the cotter key that holds the one in on the other side.

Heading over to the Depot later to pick up the panels for the bypass doors ... finally.

/ Good morning!!!!
#66,023  
24F and cloudy @ 15:00, with an 8 mph wind out of the SW. Temp will remain around 24F to 26F until around 03:00 when it will start rising and by 10:00 tomorrow we should be above freezing. Looks like several days of above freezing temps.

Kubota dealer did not have the pin for the lower link on the 3PH, so I had them order one. Should be in by Tuesday/Wednesday. It will be my luck to discover the one that fell out now I that I've went ahead and ordered it ... :laughing:

I think I'll be checking and/or replacing the cotter key that holds the one in on the other side.

Heading over to the Depot later to pick up the panels for the bypass doors ... finally.

It would be luck to “find” it with a mower next spring....

/ Good morning!!!! #66,024  
The Squeak look similar to a Maine Coon male cat we had for a number of years... He was called Mister and made sure all knew he was the master.
Our "Mister" (the big orange tabby) looks like he probably has some Maine Coon cat in him ... tufts of hair coming out of his ears and bottom of his paws, big mane around his neck, big bushy tail, lots of fur on his belly, and extra digits on his front paws (polydactylism) ... but I'm pretty sure that The Squeak is the real deal. She's been very slow to gain size, which I understand is a trait of the Maine Coons, taking several more years to reach adult size, than most cats. And she has all the traits that he does (save for the extra digits), only more so.

Our Mister was the Boss of Things ... at least until The Squeak showed up. The Squeak will go after any of the three other cats, all of which are considerably larger than her. I think it's pretty much all in play (or attempted domination), on her part ... Mister tolerates it for the most part, and will reciprocate ... the other two cats not so much.

He has become a bit of a grump at times, now that he's gotten pretty old.

He was laying in front of the front door yesterday and I tried giving him a little nudge with my foot to get him to move out of the way so I could exit and he started hissing and yeowling. You'd have thought someone was trying to murder him.

When I nudged him a second time he actually went after my foot for real ... just glad I had a pair of leather boots on.

/ Good morning!!!! #66,025  
rswyan,

Squeak looks just like my Smokie but for a little patch of white Smokie has on her throat.
Smokie sounds like it would be an appropriate name for either of them ... :thumbsup:

Squeak is pretty funny with her antics ... one of her most favorite things in the world (besides canned tuna) is to be cradled in either my or The Woman's arms, on her back, and look around at everything upside down. You can actually walk around all throughout the house with her like that and she's completely content ... just looks and looks ...

She also likes any high places ... top of aquariums, top of stereo cabinet, top of refrigerator, etc.

When she was smaller she'd climb up my pants and shirt to sit on my shoulder. Have managed to largely break her of that ... but I bent over yesterday to untie a boot and she immediately hopped up on my back ... and climbed up to my shoulder and stayed there when I stood up.

/ Good morning!!!! #66,026  
It would be luck to “find” it with a mower next spring....
Yeah ... bad luck ... :laughing:

Fortunately I think it came off in the driveway ... :rolleyes:

/ Good morning!!!! #66,027  
Randy, they speak Spanish in Venezuela. Portuguese is in Brazil.

FWIW ..... thank you, in Portuguese is ...... obrigado.

And Brazilian they are, why the heck I said Venezuela I have no idea. We have a large Brazilian population, I even have a young friend with a 61 Impala, and virtually no Venezuelans around here. Old age creeping in.

/ Good morning!!!! #66,028  
It's doing some raining/sleeting right about now. I am still moving furniture around due to the piano showing up. Sigh.

Here is one of my wife's cats. The thing when I catch him during the spring/summer gets a complete shave. He is a mass of fur and is probably brain damaged. He showed up one night, I think the neighbors left town (really bad move, left animals to fend for themselves), and stayed here at our farm.

Maine coon all the way.

I really do not like cats, and he does not like me. However when I am with the wife, we seem to tolerate each other. Otherwise, he hisses at me and gets out of my way.

Attachments

• B.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 50
   / Good morning!!!! #66,029  
For all you pot heads, INSTANT POT that is.
Instant Pot Duo 6 Qt $79.99 plus $25 off next grocery store purchase at Meijer (YMMV)
Instant Pot Duo 6qt at Meijer (in-store) for $99.99. Instant $20.00 rebate, and I was issued a $25 off coupon for my next Meijer purchase. I didn't see any details about the discount online, and the rack pricing only showed the $25.00 coupon with purchase, so I was pleasantly surprised by the extra $20.00 rebate.
posted on slick deals.
Unfortunately there are none around me.

/ Good morning!!!! #66,030  
I enjoy the cat stories, we have had many over the years, seems some stay around more than others, coyotes get some I'm sure. The two we have now are sleeping inside... they will go out this afternoon and in and out a few more times before bed. They stay outside at night, have warm places to sleep and catch some mice.

I was also enjoying the stories of snow, while we had a few inches early, nothing for weeks now, until today. Started snowing about 10 this morning and it has dropped a few inches, expected to continue to around 4pm. It should be a nasty commute tonight (for my daughter, not me). Hoping my wife gets home soon from picking up grand daughter, I know she is not 100% after being sick a couple weeks.