Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #7,671  
Raining steady for 4+ days now, everything is a sponge around here, helps loosen the few spots of clay I have left at the surface though, maybe I will disk, rake and re-seed those spots this weekend and cover with straw before the cold snap Monday. It will depend on how much snow we get tonight, looks like less than they were thinking, we'll see.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,672  
The entertainment that mouse provides my cats is priceless...he is in one of those semi-clear plastic crates with the fold down top closures. Sometimes all four of the cats are staring at the mouse at the same time...the biggest cat will push the crate along the floor in his efforts to get at the critter.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,673  
well im bout out wood in the wood box been pouring rain all morning so i get out the old rain coat and getter done they have raised our snow amount to possible 1 foot these people will go bannnas alot of that have just been a couple years not seen that i can here them now where is road plows why are they not cleaning our road im going to call richmond and on and on i just laugh and say it will probably be a day or 2 before they get to us then i watch the steam come off their head

/ Good morning!!!! #7,674  
Good Morning! #2 37˚now, sunny up to 60˚ this afternoon, nice day!

Whipper did not eat all her food yesterday so by the sounds last night - something jumping over the porch railing and something not backing down from Whipper, I'm thinking there's a bobcat out there that is full of leftover dog food.

Our VFD voted to buy an AED, so I got one ordered. Next month CPR/AED/First Aid classes are scheduled, we are entering a new realm. Next month our VFD celebrates it's 30th year in existence. For those not familiar with this central Texas area we are unincorporated, our VFD is runs on donations from fundraisers, and the "town area" consist of three structures: a wooden 140 year old, high steepled, Lutheran Church, a beer joint and the VFD.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,675  
its sunny and cold 8 degrees this morning with a high only getting to 10.

/ Good morning!!!! #7,676  
Good morning! About 30˚ here and overcast. I have to find some newer style rims that will fit on a 1946 1.5 ton truck. The original rims are the old "suicide rims" and nobody will work on them anymore. The tires are 7.00-20 and they are obsolete also and difficult to find. Have a good one!

Don, sounds like your VFD is pretty well equipped for a small operation. It is great that the locals appreciate the protection and are willing to support it.

JD, nice to see you back on topic!:D

/ Good morning!!!! #7,678  
Good Morning, Cold and gray here. Thermometer says 38 but it feels colder. I've been wanting to get out and do some outside stuff but finding a nice day has been rare since Christmas. Maybe Saturday.

Holy Cow Don unprocessed food??? My diet had really changed in the last 4 years now you are hinting there could be even more change? OMG.
There is a Wendys right across the street from the farm. Every time I drive past that place the burger fumes make me want to howl. I guess it is hard to overcome a lifetime of sinning.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #7,679  
63F and that big red ball in the sky is giving me hope I can get my other 2 walls framed today.

image-315086002.jpg

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #7,680  
Holy Cow Don unprocessed food??? My diet had really changed in the last 4 years now you are hinting there could be even more change? OMG.
Chris

I know! I know!
Even eating only plant - base - no oil you can pig out on unhealthy junk food - think pretzels and jelly bellies. When the unprocessed dimension hits, you pretty much run out of loopholes. With that said, at the cooking classes they made a delicious chocolate candy that fit all the categories. One of the Chefs there wrote an entire cookbook with the limiting factors. It can be done and it taste good. Amazing. I'm eating corn chips now - whole kernel corn off the cob - blended, smoked paprika, baked. I have another batch in the dehydrator. The chocolate candy uses blended dates and coco.

I like what she said in her cookbook - "....I don't expect you to do it all at once...unless you have a serious disease like cancer, heart disease, or diabetes....I wouldn't encourage you to do it all at once unless you are one of those all or none personality types..... My best advice to you is to do something. Just because you can't do everything doesn't mean you shouldn't do anything." - Chef Abbie Jayne

Unfortunately, I know they are right. Now on to research and educate myself. Dr. Michael Greger M. D. was there also and luckily he has done the much of the research and has a website which is a good place for me to start. He is very entertaining so it's fun to learn.
NutritionFacts.org | The Latest in Nutrition Related Research
You searched for processed sugar flour | NutritionFacts.org