Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #149,541  
59 and a few sprinkles, going to 71, with chance of storms/tornadoes this evening. Weather guys were very animated this morning.

Alien, hope Les is okay. Prayers said.

Mowed for 4 hours and then string trimmed for another hour yesterday. That should do it for this year! :unsure: o_O

/ Good morning!!!! #149,542  
Good Morning.
It’s 56 and going down to 50 in rain today. Rain is supposed to continue until Monday.

Yesterday’s adventure went well, to be clear, we were picking up a plane from maintenance, not an addition to the fleet. This would be a crazy time to buy, prices are insane, and there is little availability, just like so many things.

When I got home I got quite a few chores done, picked up a dump trailer full of mulch, mowed around the house with the Lazer, cleaned out the enclosed trailer and parked it, and got the trash and recycling to the street.

This morning, I’m debating if I have time to put the mower on the tractor and accomplish anything before the rain, but I suspect that ship has sailed.
Otherwise, I’ve got to get back to paperwork, and cut some paint mask stencils for a friend. No music again this week.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,543  
Weird weather we're having. I left home yesterday morning about 8:30 a.m. and started getting sprinkles of rain on the windshield before I got 2 miles from home. I went about 20 miles southeast of here and used the intermittent windshield wipers the whole way there and most of the way back. Got home to find we got no rain here. 54° here this morning going for a high of a sunny 85°. And now, with no rain in the foreseeable future, our temperatures are forecast to go into the 90s every day for the next week or so.

About 5:30 a.m. this morning, I decided to drive down to the nearest donut shop for some donut holes (my wife's an addict for those things) and some apple fritters. I was surprised to see a cottontail rabbit in the front yard when I left. We used to have lots of them, and even some litters raised under our back porch, but hadn't seen one now in more than a year; wondered what happened to them. But then I saw one yesterday on the next block east of us. And as I was returning this morning from the donut shop, an opossum crossed the street, right in front of me, 3 houses south of where I live.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,544  
have an apple fritter for me Bird

hustled outside to put cover on lawn mower properly and just had to check for radishes
as the rain started to spit. Quite a tap root on radishes.

Attachments

• IMG_0848.JPG
    IMG_0848.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
   / Good morning!!!! #149,545  
Morning all cloudy going up to 57 and more ....rain.
Got 3 lawns mowed yesterday as I won't be able to this weekend. Kept my left foot up in the air going over rough spots.
The Welds on the deck seem to be holding up really well, the baby hobart has been extremely useful. Don't know why I waited so long to buy a welder.

Alien - hope Lesley won't need to stay in hospital. Our thoughts for her recovery. I agree on the arm to get another opinion, seems the muscle issue is tough, but has been fixed on others.

Drew - I haven't even planted my radishes yet.

Tomorrow is Brewfest at Washingtons crossing, will be very wet. Later will be Knetucky derby party and Sunday into Manhattan for a play/mothers day.

Have a great weekend all.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,546  
Good morning! 60˚F heading to the 90s. I need to enjoy the 60s this may be the last time this Spring. A cool front brought .7" rain yesterday. Heavy dew this morning with 93% humidity. The warm wind starts back from the South today.

Alien I hope Les is diagnosed and can get some help.

I'll check out the trail to see if it's dried enough to work on and check the garden to see it the potatoes are about ready for harvest, according to the calendar they still need 2 more weeks.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #149,547  
yeah, first hummingbird arrived. (y)
Have to remember to refill the feeders Sunday after all this rain coming.

Ken, my raised garden is out in the sun, warms up pretty quickly and I have a thermometer in it.
Everything is coming up, squash, taters, so soil has been warm enough. Radishes grow remarkably quickly.

does anyone know if weeping willows can withstand wet/flooded roots for weeks on end? Most trees can't.
I have these two new little willow trees coming in and have no idea where it is safe to plant them with all this rising water.
I've now drowned six shrubs. I have learned. Sort of. I guess willows will have to go on the higher ground; their roots will find plenty of damp ground nearby.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,548  
Willows can take water, but be careful as they spread pretty far and cover a lot of surface.
I planted a willow where I know it stays wet and about 35' in from both sides so it's spread won't intrude on the neighbors or my lawn.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,549  
Good morning, the low temp is 41 and going to a high of 57°F. Wind NE 9 gusting to 19 mph. Sunny! Long range calls for sunny for the next 7 days topping out at 81°. Time to dig out my shorts.

I found a spring shop in North Bay, I will call them and find out if they do spring packs as narrow and as short as I have.

After we got the cat backk from the 'fixing', he ran straight into my bedroom and stayed there until I rattled the temptation (treat) tin. He came out for some and then disappeared again. My 2 A.M. pee found him sleeping on my floor where he usually sleeps. I guess he is not mad at me, but then I only drove the car. I didn't stuff him into the carrier.

Around here in summer days we usually leave the kitchen window open and there is no screen on it. The cats come and go as they please, the two new toms managed to sneak a female cat into the basement, live in mating whenever. This female would come upstairs and help herself to the food. We free feed and give them canned food once a day. She got caught one night when someone got up for the nightly p, the window was left open and away she escaped. She came back a couple of times this past winter and I saw her resting on the window ledge outside. She split as soon as she saw me.

With the drawbar rails off the trailer it is time to move on to the shocks and springs. I think heat will be my best friend there.

The new neighbour to the west of me put in a septic tank and no weeping bed. I guess he will make the local pumping guy real happy. He also has a 1,000 gallon fresh water cistern. That will work for summer, but what about winter? It is funny how prices work on houses. that place was little more than a shack when I bought this place. I could have got that place for 25 thousand, 25 years ago. The guy that lived there for about 10 years paid 35,000 for it and did some improvements to it like a steel roof. A year after he did that he died (prostrate cancer). The current guy that owns it put in the cistern, septic tank, a sunroom and a porch. He also wired it for hydro electric.
The current owner paid $150,0000.oo for it. I couldn't afford to buy it when I had the chance, I bought this place on a shoestring. Now that this place is all paid for I could afford the 25 Gs for the other one, but there is no way I would pay 150 thousand for it. It is going to be interesting to see what happens as there was no building permit pulled for the renovations that I know of.
Building permits must be nailed to the of the building that is getting built. I don't see a permit, I really don't care, their house, their headache.

Back to working on the trailer today.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #149,550  
yeah, first hummingbird arrived. (y)
Have to remember to refill the feeders Sunday after all this rain coming.

Ken, my raised garden is out in the sun, warms up pretty quickly and I have a thermometer in it.
Everything is coming up, squash, taters, so soil has been warm enough. Radishes grow remarkably quickly.

does anyone know if weeping willows can withstand wet/flooded roots for weeks on end? Most trees can't.
I have these two new little willow trees coming in and have no idea where it is safe to plant them with all this rising water.
I've now drowned six shrubs. I have learned. Sort of. I guess willows will have to go on the higher ground; their roots will find plenty of damp ground nearby.
Just keep the willows well away from the foundations. 100' would be fairly good.