Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,061  
I did find 1 plug in stock for the small saw. They actually had more, but they are limiting quantities…..

/ Good morning!!!! #152,062  
Good morning to all! Low was 50°, currently only 54° and..... RAINING!
The weather guessers were off by about 12 hours. The heavy downpour woke me up just after midnight. At 06:30 this morning, there was an inch in the gauge! WOOHOO!

Flood watches posted, possible localized heavy rain. Ooh, ooh, pick me!, pick me! Right now a nice steady rain. Supposed to be like this all day. Definitely an inside day.

RS, I'll try and redirect some rain up towards you. Long way to go, so no promises.....

Drew, If you're looking for just a light duty welder, try out a wire feed / MIG type welder. I think you would be surprised at how easy they can be. Really inexpensive these days.

BEF, nothing like watching the fuzzy butts play... free entertainment ! Do you have a laser spot? It was a favorite pastime for our beloved Kassie (RIP). She would chase it for hours or until complete exhaustion.

Kyle, that would be a nice welder if you can get it fixed. I agree, probably a bad fan. Does that model have the old school thermal overload switch? Could be that too. Hope you get it.

Doug, hope Leslie gets a proper fitting mask. Lots of trial and error. Still haven't had a chance to fly..... one of these days.

Scaredy, hope your shoulder continues to heal. Took mine almost a year to finally get full movement. It's been over six years, but certain tasks, in a certain movement/direction, will still give me a painful reminder.
Now if I can only get the knee to take some pointers from the shoulder....

Not sure what I will be able to get into today. I might bring in a small plane to rehab. Nothing really to fix, needs its motor replaced and electronics installed.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,063  
Just looked at the rain gauge again, now over 1 1/4", and it's still raining. Anybody want to wager on how much we get?

RNG, Make sure you keep that heat over there! The highest temp in our 7 day is 82°.... and that is not until Sunday! ..... 70's all week.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,064  
success with an Appalachian flair...
no iron
no steel
only copper
not very strong, of course
But.........it was strong enough until I can find an iron nipple or spacer.
Plus my belt and suspenders strap will make sure no excitement on thruway.
There are about a bazillion turns on those tie down rods, can't imagine those bolts coming all the way out.
Once I get the "right stuff" in there, I will likely double nut it.

that catches me up. Nice golf cart drive with neighbors around neighborhood, up the small lane next door, saw house for sale two houses down, small house like this, but a little larger, plain, 585K. Just nuts.
I'm not buying in at top of the market.

spending afternoon studying employment reports of church caretaker for zoom meeting tomorrow night I have to host. My last official act.
Sort of hoped it would be raining so wouldn't mind not being outside.
was fun to drive around,not leaving any tracks anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0965.JPG
    IMG_0965.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0964 (1).JPG
    IMG_0964 (1).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
   / Good morning!!!! #152,065  
I left the AC on in the shop last night, so it's probably plenty cool up there right now ... so will be headed up there at some point in the not too distant future to continue working on the B2910.

Pretty sure that you would be aware, but when you put the driveshaft in, if the splines aren’t keyed, make sure that you phase the U-Joints properly.

That’s one of many lessons I learned the hard way!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,066  
success with an Appalachian flair...
no iron
no steel
only copper
not very strong, of course
But.........it was strong enough until I can find an iron nipple or spacer.
Plus my belt and suspenders strap will make sure no excitement on thruway.
There are about a bazillion turns on those tie down rods, can't imagine those bolts coming all the way out.
Once I get the "right stuff" in there, I will likely double nut it.
Safety Nazi reporting in here. 🤭

I wouldn't be very comfortable using that soft copper, Drew. It'll for sure deform and let the nuts come loose. I like your idea of double nutting. On my trailer, I welded a couple long bolts to the top rail, and used nyloc nuts to secure the spare. Been that way for fifteen some years with no issues, other than probably needing new tires because they're so old. If you're inconvenienced by all the extra thread sticking out, cut it off with a hacksaw and use your bench grinder to cut a taper on the ends so the nuts will start again. That way you won't need those copper spacers at all.

$0.02, and probably not worth that...

/ Good morning!!!! #152,067  
Drew, you're adding to my "to-do" list. You reminded me that I purchased a spare tire mount for my small utility trailer. It has been over a year and a half, it sat on the workbench right besides the door so I would be reminded..... well the last time I was horizontal mining, I put it up on the shelf.

Out of sight, out of mind..... I even have a spare ready to go on it.....sitting right next to the trailer where it's parked....

Now I jinxed it.... next time I use the trailer.......:cautious:😢

/ Good morning!!!! #152,068  
PJSprog said, "I sure do miss full service stations, SC. If there are any left in the St. Louis area, I do not know where they are. Haven't seen one since the mid-'80s, when there was one left in my hometown, Len's Amoco on Pontoon Rd in Granite City IL. His gas prices were a penny or two higher than the other places that had gone self-serve, but he never wanted for business. He was also the last gas/service station in town, and even he eventually closed the service side."

Yep, the world is changing. Of course I worked in my Dad's full service station when I was 16 to 19 years old. We pumped the gas, washed windshields (and the other windows), checked the oil and radiator, washed cars, fixed flats, and did lots of oil and filter changes, grease jobs, and minor mechanical work (fan belts, radiator hoses, and brake jobs). And perhaps the reason I remember the last such place to close in Dallas is because the owner was also one of the contract wrecker services for the city and part of my job, as a police captain at the time, was supervising the contract wrecker companies. I don't remember the exact date the last one in Dallas closed, but it was sometime around the mid-80s.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,069  
Pretty sure that you would be aware, but when you put the driveshaft in, if the splines aren’t keyed, make sure that you phase the U-Joints properly.

That’s one of many lessons I learned the hard way!

Yup.

The splines and grooves are in fact keyed - so there’s no way it the front u-joint can be assembled out of phase with the rear.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,070  
When we first moved out here, it was fairly desolate. The town (if you could call it a town) had 3 businesses on 3 corners out of 4. A dairy queen, a small grocery (in a converted small doublewide), and a FULL SERVICE gas/service station. That was in '92. I was very surprised! When we left Bucks County Pa., there hadn't been any full service stations for years.

The station stopped selling gas around 2000, when the franchise (I think Conoco) insisted he upgrade all his pumps to self serve and electronic. He just left the old pumps there and took down the gas sign. His sons are now doing the service/repair now.