Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #171,301  
GM UPDATE:

Went up the woodlot with Mrs, left dogs home.

did a bit of last-minute branch and root debris pickup with the excavator, then used the excavator to lift the Ferguson Two-Disc plow and the undetermined-parentage 20-disc harrow from behind where the grading contractor blocked them in with a pile of large rocks… then fired up the old Case 430 and got to work.

Plowed the plot in three directions (L2R, diagonal L2R, diagonal R2L). ROOTS EVERYWHERE! Which was no great surprise. Then switched to the harrow, and repeated the process, busting up all the solid clods and even crudely raking some of the larger roots to the edges. Finally, I hitched up a small potato plow to make some furrows. They aren’t great, but they are there.
IMG_0146.jpeg
IMG_0145.jpeg

Plants can finally go in— YAY!!!

I did notice a good deal of water vapor discharge from the oil fill vent cap, but the radiator was full, and the crankcase oil was clean (maybe two hours since oil/filter change?). Here is the hood after operating for about 2-1/2 hours:
IMG_0143.jpeg
nice clear water, definitely not coolant. Tractor lives in an enclosed (but well-ventilated) building. Any thoughts? the last two days have been on the humid side, but would that cause this?

thunderstorm rolling in. Posting before potential power outage 👍

/ Good morning!!!! #171,302  
67°F and cloudy this morning, and has only gotten up to 85° so far today. Some rain wandering about the area, but not enough. We could really use an all-day soaker here.

Decided to get some grass cut this morning, despite the rain in the forecast. Already heard thunder in the distance before I started. Zeroturn was acting a little funny; at a loss for power even under just regular grass load. Parked it for now, and opted for some exercise ... walking around behind the self-propelled mower. Wanted to get something mowed. Got the fenced in back yard done, then started on the area between the house and the barn when the skies opened up on me. Unfortunately (and fortunately), it didn't last long. Finished the area I started, and called it enough for today. More rain coming anyway.

Great pics as always, fellas.

Good afternoon.

/ Good morning!!!! #171,303  
Another 20 pepper plants potted, looks there are 9 left to go …

Had go get another bucket of screened compost, ran out of soil.

Took that opportunity to move 20 landscape blocks over to another pallet by the barn.

That should allow me to move the rest of the pallet over at the house to the barn … or wherever …

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #171,304  
Nice day with colder weather
Helped plant for wife and completed the workout
The flowers on the trees keep coming

Attachments

• IMG_2199.jpeg
    IMG_2199.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 67
   / Good morning!!!! #171,305  
Here in Nova Scotia, east coast Canada, the forest fires are raging so the 8 degrees Celsius and heavy rain is welcoming.

Only got a few rows of potatoes planted because the ground is still cold. It was so dry we are not allowed into the woods so not much tractor time for me cutting firewood.

Not sure if the fires out west in Alberta is having rain or not. Bad fires out there as well.

/ Good morning!!!! #171,306  
IMG_0148.jpeg

Here is the dubious-parentage 20-disc harrow, with the Ferguson 2-disc and a scrape blade behind.

/ Good morning!!!! #171,307  
sort of ground to, pun intended... an unsuccessful finish in my rv fiberglass repair.
color is too far off
going to call Gulfstream customer service tomorrow and find out if they sell a rattle can with this taupe color.
needs a little more spot sanding
or I could just put a band aid on this spot...

Attachments

• IMG_1844.JPG
    IMG_1844.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
   / Good morning!!!! #171,309  
51F cloudy more rain shower to follow AM Monday.

Got some little puttering done AM,afternoon between rain showers able to trim mow side field...I barely earn my supper this evening.

Evening Plans...dinner watch little tv out the door early AM.

Enjoy your evening all.