Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,871  
Good Morning!!!! 56F @ 11:00AM. Partly cloudy skies this morning will give way to cloudy skies and rain during the afternoon. High 59F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Yoshida's teriyaki sauce makes an excellent marinade for salmon, Drew. The longer you soak it, the better. I like it on the BBQ, cooked most of the way with the skin side down so it doesn't fall apart when you flip it over to get the brill marks on the flesh.

Managed to get everything unloaded yesterday, but it took most of the day. It takes a surprisingly small bump to completely stop a heavy toolbox, and there are several between the trailer floor and Mother Earth. I found several new muscles that didn't appreciate the effort. But nothing got away, I ran over no toes, and so far I found room for everything. Didn't get to unpack any boxes, so that's work for the new week.

Managed to get the Yamaha dirt bike unloaded uneventfully, but didn't get it all the way out of the way. Bumped it as I brought the van back up into the driveway, knocking it over. Bent a turn signal bracket, popped off the turn signal lens and the rear view mirror on one side, but nothing broken. Kill switch/starter button still flakey, so I think it's still reminding me it wants some TLC.

Today I'll help a friend put a new belt on a Honda mower so it propels itself, and hopefully get a soak in the hot tub. It was 102F and bubbling when I left it with a bit of powder to increase the alkalinity, and the chlorine was a bit high. Hoping both have mellowed out by this afternoon. Don't think it matters; I'm goin' in anyway!

Not sure what the rest of the weekend will bring, but I know it won't be much. Need a little R&R...

/ Good morning!!!! #187,873  
rain about to stop, 3.04 inches
neighbor stopped in, they had seen Lake Drew from their house and were worried I was flooding.
nice of him to stop by.

worked on my rv trip planning for several hours.
now thinking about where I want to go weekend after next. Opening season for most places.
Will probably go to place close by in Upper Black Eddy if weather is nice.

weeds and onion grass popping up, I ran the battery weedeater yesterday, thought about a first mow but decided to wait.
will be days before things dry out enough to consider mowing.

at least I'm not shoveling snow.

Attachments

• 2024 RV trip.jpg
    2024 RV trip.jpg
    838.9 KB · Views: 38
   / Good morning!!!! #187,874  
Good (Palm Sunday) morning. Overnight Low of 9.1C and it's presently 13.9C, mostly overcast with a slight breeze.

Yesterday's tasks done and voted. Upon returning home I took down the political signage at my roadside gate, then stored the diesel. Fire extinguisher replaced, and better secured, on the tractor. The evening was spent watching election results... which, because of Tassie's unique/weird counting system, won't really be sorted for well over a week and a half from now.

I'm off to Church in about a half hour and then the rest of the day is His.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,877  
RS, I have had some ash trees do the same thing on the north side of my Vt property ! I have one that looks rotted about 4 ft up and I am thinking that could be very dangerous to take down, if that thing snaps while your cutting it lower, watch out !

Extremely dangerous ... especially if it is completely upright ... and you are under it cutting on it.

No telling when a rotted portion up high could come off and bean ya in the noggin' ...

I walked around to the south side while I was out filling the feeders this afternoon ... looks like it's more like 18" DBH rather than 14":

IMG_3130 copy.jpg

Yeah ... no way I will be cutting on it while it is leaning up against the other tree.

I'll wait at least until the end comes down from where it broke off and then try and pull it off the tree to get it on the ground.

If that doesn't work then it can stay there until the wind knocks it down.

Not like grass grows all that well over there (due to the shade) ... although that might be changing, given the number of trees that have come down.

Thanks Thomas, he has been a great cat for the past 9 years, hoping he is around awhile longer !

Looks like a real sweetie !

Hope he quickly recovers fully.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,878  
30F and cloudy with snow flurries @ 20:00, heading down to around 21F for the overnight low. Was sunny earlier when I got up.

Spent around 10 - 12 hours out in the garage yesterday with good cleanup/organizing progress made.

Got outside this afternoon and refilled the hopper and both tube feeders, also a ration scattered for the ground feeders.

Sticks and debris on ground:

IMG_3129 copy.jpg

Then Woman fixed Tuna Helper for dinner ... :love:

After that I ran down to corner and picked up 5 gallons of diesel for the torpedo heater and three Lotto tickets (Mega, PowerBall, and Classic) and collected the mail on the way back in. Still need to move the diesel into the garage.

Woman spent most of the day working down in the basement cleaning. Probably need to go down and inspect that ... ;)

Not sure what is on the agenda for the rest of the evening.

Hope everyone has had a decent Saturday ... (y)