Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump?

/ Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump?
mike57 said:
I've owned a WX10 for several years. Used it to water 100 newly planted pine trees with pond water. I used it all summer to water the trees during a summer drought. The output fitting is made for a garden hose. It's a great little pump! I haven't had a bit of trouble with it. Don't know what else you want to know. It just runs with the first pull. Mike57

Same situation I'm in here in California with the water rationing...

Thanks Mike57!

37 gallons per minute max at 51 psi max... should be plenty for my occasional needs.

It is very light, coming in just under 14 lbs...

Dealer told me up to 10 hours run time on 1 gallon.

I went ahead and ordered one from my local saw shop... nothing off of list price, but they are very easy to deal with and it's nice when you walk in the place and they remember you and keep a very big parts inventory on hand... Honda, Stihl and Echo are their major brands...

/ Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump? #14  
To save some bucks, you can get a Subaru powered pump from Harbor Freight for something like $250. Does the same thing, also 4 cycle.

These little pumps are best used for transferring water. If you put something like a nozzle on your hose, you will shorten the life of the pump, so I am told.

Be sure to get a hose designed for suction to use on the input end or the hose will collapse.

Thanks Pilot...

I ordered the pump and told the dealer they can add it to their regular order to save on freight.

I was wondering about using a hose end spray nozzle and if it would create enough pressure to damage the pump. Honda suction hose and strainer are included...

/ Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump? #16  
My husband owned one for pumping water from the lake to make an ice rink after the ice froze. The Honda motor is fine and still starts on the 1st or 2nd pull. It is the impeller attached to it that corroded. As you know the WX10 has been around a long time. Last January we ordered new parts for the impeller so we could use it again for the grandchildren's ice rink. This is November and I am waiting for my son to pick me up to go deer hunting. We still haven't heard a thing from Northern Hydraulics in Forest Lake, MN. After one month I started calling the parts guy to find out what the hold up was and he said he is still waiting for them to ship from overseas. The factory in the United States didn't have any of them and didn't know if any of the other dealers had any or not.

If any of you guys know where I can get parts for the impeller attached to the WX10 Honda 4 cycle Water pump please let me know. Thanks!!

I did buy one and have only used it once... might have to pull it out and take a look.

The one time I used it no issues...

My little mower shop in Hayward CA had to order the pump in for me... they just don't stock all that much on the shelves.

/ Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump? #18  
If you do check it out and the impeller isn't corroded let me know. Also can you send me the Internet address of the little mower shop in Hayward, CA? I've called all the Honda repair shops around here and NO ONE has impeller parts.