Good Price for 24x24 pole barn?

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #11  
Eddie,

Where did you buy your containers?

Thanks

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #12  
I forgot to mention, I just signed a contract for a turn-key job on a new shop/storage room.

It will be all steel, 24x30x10 on a concrete slab, with insulation, one interior wall (separating rear third for storage), 4 windows, 10x8 garage door, plus two 3'0" doors, and the cost is $11,220.

I already have a completely enclosed two bay 16x24x10 tractor/mower shed out back with two 10x8 garage doors, built over a 4" crushed granite base.

Implements are stored outside.

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #13  
I found them searching online. The address is http://www.onewaylease.com

I sent an email and was quoted $1,300 each plus shipping for 40 foot containers. This sounded too good to be true. I called back and asked to see the containers. They gave me the address and a list of serial numbers for the containers at that price. I could pick which ones I wanted.

One way lease stores the ones I bought at WB Container Service on Pioneer Rd in Balch Springs, which for me was Misquite.

The people there let me wonder around the yard, they pointed out some of the containers on the list. All were used, patched and solid. They had better and prettier for more money, but all the ones I looked at were in great shape for what I wanted them for.

You can see them on my post "my container barn"

Eddie

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A cheap storage solution for your tractor and equipment are sea containers. I bought two. Delivered from Dallas 100 miles to my place cost a little over $3,000.)</font>
You're right Eddie, it's a great way to go. I know someone who bought two, placed them side by side, cutting the sides so that the met as a roof in the middle. So he has inside and open/covered area as well. Really makes for a great inexpensive way to get a lot of storage and work area. The prices all over seem to be in the neighborhood of $900 to $1500, plus delivery in some cases. Also, they are available in 20', 20' and 48' containers. Some are also insulated. John

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn?
I may look into it, but I bet shipping will be cost prohibitive. I live in the middle of Indiana.

Thanks,
Dave

/ Good Price for 24x24 pole barn? #16  
You may be able to get some containers out of the Port of Indiana, in Portage, or out of Chicago's port authority. Shipping would be pretty minimal.