Good seat for my Ford 1710 advice please

/ Good seat for my Ford 1710 advice please #1  

North Dakota

Silver Member
Tractor
'84 Ford 1710
I noticed when I was putzing around with my 23 year old "new" tractor that the seat was pretty wobbly (Never noticed this driving around the smooth lot at the dealer) I looked under it thinking maybe a bushing was wore through but found that the bracket was cracked.

Well I think I want to replace the whole seat and assembly.

Anybody bought a new seat they were happy with? How about a universal fit seat? I found a website that has one for $99.00 in blue free shipping. Seems a little pricey. Tractor Seats - SSB Tractor

/ Good seat for my Ford 1710 advice please #2  
I doubt that any of the universal fit seats will fix your wobble. They are just the seat itself, not the rails or brackets that it sits on. I'd try and fix the rails or brackets and pick up a cheaper universal seat from TSC or Northern tool. I got a pretty decent one for my TC18 from Northern for $39.99. I had to weld the brackets from the old seat onto the new one, but it was worth it to save $80 over a new factory replacement...

/ Good seat for my Ford 1710 advice please
TimC said:
I doubt that any of the universal fit seats will fix your wobble. They are just the seat itself, not the rails or brackets that it sits on. ......

Tim

Yeah just the seat itself won't fix it the bracket where the tilt forward hinge is located is cracked and spread apart.

Did you check out the link on my first post? I think the seat for $100 includes all the underneath stuff. Maybe it's not so bad a price since the shipping is free.

/ Good seat for my Ford 1710 advice please #4  
I'd check both TSC and Northerntool. Both have universal replacement seats that should fit your tractor. I replaced my Ford 4000 with one from TSC and it even adjusts forward and back. I'm pretty sure I payed less that 80 for it a couple of years ago.
Wedge

/ Good seat for my Ford 1710 advice please #5  
wedge40 said:
I'd check both TSC and Northerntool. Both have universal replacement seats that should fit your tractor. I replaced my Ford 4000 with one from TSC and it even adjusts forward and back. I'm pretty sure I payed less that 80 for it a couple of years ago.
Wedge

Did a quick search at TSC. Here is the link to the seat the I got.

Tractor Supply Company - 5-Position Suspension Seat, Blue
wedge

/ Good seat for my Ford 1710 advice please #6  
If you are going to be operating on rough ground at all you might want to look at suspension seats. It would be worth some trouble and your back will really thank you. What I mean is the kind that have shocks and springs and slide up and down on a rail. Agri-supply also has a nice selection of seats.

Chris

Well, I'm getting it narrowed down. I went to Runnings it had one very similar to the one shown at TSC. It would fit but it is taller (from the connection to the seat pan) then the one I have now by about 3 inches and it is already a stretch to reach the foot throttle. I'll still stop by TSC and measure the seat they have.

I did end up at Agri supply online and I think they have just what I need. I'd rather pick it up locally if I can and save some shipping.

I did E-mail SBBtractor about getting some measurements on this seat. Sure looks just like the one at TSC

Tractor Seats - SSB Tractor

/ Good seat for my Ford 1710 advice please #9  
North Dakota said:
Well, I'm getting it narrowed down. I went to Runnings it had one very similar to the one shown at TSC. It would fit but it is taller (from the connection to the seat pan) then the one I have now by about 3 inches and it is already a stretch to reach the foot throttle. I'll still stop by TSC and measure the seat they have.

I did end up at Agri supply online and I think they have just what I need. I'd rather pick it up locally if I can and save some shipping.

I have the same problem, that is why I looked for an adjustable seat. I believe this one will move forward and back about 6 inches. And it also has the adjustable "bounce" feature, so you wont take as much shock when going over rough ground.