Goodbye Blue!

/ Goodbye Blue! #1  

have_blue

Veteran Member
Tractor
L4400
Well, I said goodbye to my TC35a/16LA a few days ago. Some nice fellow wanted it more than me, and made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

I've owned a TC29 too, and both tractors served me very well. I really abused the loaders and the clutches, and they held up good considering.

My NH dealer shut down about a year ago, so I had a choice of Kubota and JD. I settled for a Kubota L4400 gear tractor. and It was delivered yesterday. I already miss some of the nice features of the TC35, such as the gear reverser and the extendable arms on the 3PH.

I think my TC35 didn't want to leave. As it was being loaded on the trailer, it picked up the rear end of the pickup truck about a foot. The loaded tires and 6' brush hog were a bit too much for that Tacoma! :D

/ Goodbye Blue! #2  
Enjoy your new tractor and post back here after some seat time and do some comparisons.

/ Goodbye Blue! #3  
My local Kubota dealer was also the New Holland dealer, but only had a very few New Hollands in stock. When I went to ask him about them, he pushed the Kubotas. Then last year, they were all gone along with the New Holland sign they had up.

A year later, a New Holland only dealer opened up with a very large selection. Everything from the smallests up to some rather large cab tractors. I'm happy with my tractor, but if I ever end up in the same situation as you are, I'll think seriously about going to that New Holland dealer.

Eddie

/ Goodbye Blue! #4  
So, can we call you Use-ta? ...as in Use-ta_have_blue.:D

That reminds me of Kubotasrking who now has a New Holland (I think). Maybe you guys could do a user name swap.:rolleyes:

Good luck with your new tractor. I'm sure you'll like it once you get used to it.

/ Goodbye Blue! #5  
telescoping 3pt is great. Since they are on so much of the kubota line, maybe you can buy the arms as aftermarket parts and put them on?

/ Goodbye Blue!
dqdave1 said:
Enjoy your new tractor and post back here after some seat time and do some comparisons.

Be glad to!

I took it for a 5 mile road trip this morning to pick up a grooming mower. It doesn't drive as nice on the road. Lots more gear whine than the TC35, and the steering is has a lot of slack around center. I was doing maybe 10mph tops. No way I could drive 14.5mph rated top speed unless the roads were glass smooth.

More later... I'll compare the loaders and mowing.

/ Goodbye Blue!
jinman said:
So, can we call you Use-ta? ...as in Use-ta_have_blue.:D

That reminds me of Kubotasrking who now has a New Holland (I think). Maybe you guys could do a user name swap.:rolleyes:

Good luck with your new tractor. I'm sure you'll like it once you get used to it.

Hey Jim!

Guess choosing a user name like Kubotasrking is like tatooing your girlfriend's name on the back of your hand. I was careful not to fall into that trap. I'll just go back to using my original Have Blue avatar, which was the original code name for the F-117 Stealth bomber. ;)

/ Goodbye Blue! #8  
Bob,

While those L4400's are not loaded with fancy features, they certainly give you a nice reliable machine for a reasonable price.

~paul

/ Goodbye Blue! #9  
EddieWalker said:
My local Kubota dealer was also the New Holland dealer, but only had a very few New Hollands in stock. When I went to ask him about them, he pushed the Kubotas. Then last year, they were all gone along with the New Holland sign they had up.

A year later, a New Holland only dealer opened up with a very large selection. Everything from the smallests up to some rather large cab tractors. I'm happy with my tractor, but if I ever end up in the same situation as you are, I'll think seriously about going to that New Holland dealer.

Eddie

Interesting how that works. I assume that you suspect that New Holland had already pulled his dealership?

Andy

/ Goodbye Blue! #10  
Not really assuming anything. Just mentioning that in my area, for whatever reason, the Kubota dealer stoped selling New Holland and shortly afterwards a New Holland only dealer opens business. The Kubota dealer also used to seel Massey Fergeson, but they are gone too. I don't know who, or if anybody is selling those now.

My point was that just because one New Holland dealer stops selling them, there might be another coming along.

Eddie