Goofy 3 point action

/ Goofy 3 point action
I place the 3 PT lever in the raise position and nothing happens at all, as soon as I roll the FEL up the 3 pt raises. No other FEL operatons have any affect on the 3pt raising. Holding against the relief will not lift the 3 pt and no other actions of the FEL will cause the lift either (dumping, lifting etc.) Thanks

/ Goofy 3 point action
Thanks I am going to the barn to have a look.

/ Goofy 3 point action
Yep thanks, and I totally agree, I even reversed the hoses to see if somehow I crossed them up during the install but no luck. Thanks

/ Goofy 3 point action
1. Does the 3 PH work when curling the bucket (FEL valve activated)? Yes but only when curling
2. Does the 3 PH work after bucket is curled and is held against the relief? No only when actively curling
3. Does it have to be curl, or does it work the same when dumping, too? Only when curling

/ Goofy 3 point action #15  
I place the 3 PT lever in the raise position and nothing happens at all, as soon as I roll the FEL up the 3 pt raises. No other FEL operatons have any affect on the 3pt raising. Holding against the relief will not lift the 3 pt and no other actions of the FEL will cause the lift either (dumping, lifting etc.) Thanks

Odd. ONLY the curl, not the dump? Sounds like a blocked port/valve/spool.

The hydraulics experts will surely weigh in, but here's what I'm picturing.

Your fluid go into IN on FEL valve, passes through all the OPEN CENTER (OC) spools to the TANK return (OUT or T) and to the POWER BEYOND (PB) port to power the 3 PH.

If the OC portion was blocked in the curl/dump valve (dirt, misaligned, whatever), then the fluid would be blocked from going to the PB. When you work the curl of the bucket, fluid flows through the opening created by the new position of this spool.

The fluid then goes through the rest of the valve (OC) and to the PB and the 3PH just fine.

Since it won't work when finished curling and held against the relief, I'm thinking it is possible the curl spool's/valve's OC is actually blocked and the only fluid you are getting to the PB and 3 PH is from the return side of your curl cylinder. That would explain why it doesn't also work when dumping with the same spool.

Of course, only a part of the spool could be blocked on that valve, which would explain it, too.

Are you comfortable pulling that spool out? Could be dirt, could be bad oring, etc.

How long did it sit with an open system (hoses off or ports exposed to air/moisture)? Maybe some rust or debris got in there...

Do you have a pic of the valve?

- JC

/ Goofy 3 point action #16  
Did you use teflon tape by chance, or was there some on there before? I have had an instance of a piece getting into a system.

/ Goofy 3 point action #17  
I am surprised that you have not put a gage in the system. When you operate the 3pt, you are using the pump fluid out of the PB fitting. If you put a gage in the input to the valve, I think you will locate the problem. If everything is working normally, when using the FEL, there is no fluid to use for the 3pt. Did you do what Jinman said about the PB plug and hex screw?

All fluid from cylinders go to tank port.

Any relief fluid goes to tank.

If you are only using half of the fluid for the cylinders, then the other half should be flowing out the PB fitting to the 3pt.

I would attempt to take the valve apart and clean it.

Last edited:
   / Goofy 3 point action
No tape at all but a good thought, I am going to attempt disassembly to check for debris etc., Thanks

/ Goofy 3 point action
System was only open for about a day,but I am going to try the disassembly route and check for any dirt etc. Thanks

/ Goofy 3 point action
Yep thanks, I am going to try the disassembly/cleaning route first and see if anything shows up. Thanks for the input.