gooseneck flatbed trailer

/ gooseneck flatbed trailer #1  

cowboydoc

Tractor
JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer
What do you guys think that a 1990 30 foot gooseneck flatbed aluminum body with steel frame and two 10k axles is worth? It's in decent shape but could use new tires. Axles are in good shape and no broken axles. The guy wants $4500 for it but I was thinking under 4k.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ gooseneck flatbed trailer #2  
Richard,
I tried doing a internet search to get some comparable numbers, but most everything in that size range just says "call for price". I did find a few 30' gooseneck trailers that aren't aluminum. 2000 models, start at around $9,000.00 so I'd think the $4500.00 would be a pretty good price. Of course, any you can beat him down (all the time pointing out that it REALLY needs new tires) is too your advantage.

Good Luck,
Hoss

jdtsc.gif

/ gooseneck flatbed trailer
Thanks Hoss I'm going to look at it again tonight if I ever get out of here and make him an offer.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ gooseneck flatbed trailer #4  
If it has rust and stuff like that, I don't think it is that great of a deal, there are new ones here for 8,000 in the paper. Like Hoss said, get him to take the price down for the things that need to be replaced. Cliff

18-73839-PLOWER.jpg

I'm moving up to a JD 4710 or NH TC45D<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by PLOWER on 10/30/01 06:18 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ gooseneck flatbed trailer #5  
Check out www.ludensimplement.com. They sell several different makes of trailers, although all are steel construction. They are a farm implement dealer here in South Dakota, also where I bought my 955. It will give you an idea on prices in this area of the country.

Paul

/ gooseneck flatbed trailer #6  
Doc, I do not know how much the aluminum adds to the cost, but your basic 30' flatbed gooseneck around here goes for about $6500. There are some models with 5' dovetails, and some without. I think that depending on how much the aluminum option adds, this may or may not be such a great deal.

rf33
rf33_sig_better.gif
/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ gooseneck flatbed trailer #7  
I just purchased 4 months ago a used 2000 32' Titan GN that was in excellent shape for $5000. Has dovetail, ramps, two 10K axles, radial tires and rub rails. Mine has a steel frame and body. The aluminum body is not familar to me so I am not sure of its value but it is probably worth more than steel. Recently on a aution I saw a 2000 trailer similar to mine sell for $6200. My same trailer new sells for about $7500 plus tax. Remember new tires may cost $1000 - 8 new tires. I thought mine was a great deal - the guy needed $. I think $4K or under would be reasonable.

/ gooseneck flatbed trailer
Thanks for all the replys you guys. I picked it up for $3200.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ gooseneck flatbed trailer #9  
Dang, Richard, I'm really surprised the guy would go under $4k. Sounds like you got a real bargain again.

Bird

/ gooseneck flatbed trailer #10  
Richard,
I need to have you come down and negotiate my next new vehicle. Sounds like ya did good! Now, where's a pic?

Hoss

jdtsc.gif