Gooseneck vs Bumper Pull for snow and ice

/ Gooseneck vs Bumper Pull for snow and ice #11  
Hands down a GN is better. If nothing else, the added angle of turning ability is FAR superior. The added weight directly over the rear axle and additional weight on the front axle are definitely a welcomed help. Also, a GN won't fight in a corner as much because it doesn't have any leverage against the front end of the vehicle. (just think about the different hitch placements move in a turn.)

/ Gooseneck vs Bumper Pull for snow and ice
Thanks for the feedback. I sorta wanted to talk myself out of the GN, partly because of the cost, but can't do it. Unfortunately I found a tilt deckover model (PJ) that looks nice, and costs even more than a dovetail. Ouch, might have to sell something....

/ Gooseneck vs Bumper Pull for snow and ice
Don't forget Special Sense. It's not common anymore!

Chris

Tell me about it. I could do 1 or 2 vehicle recoveries per week in the winter with my Kubota within a mile our place, but I pick and choose based on what the person was doing when they got stuck. ( And also consideration if the temps are hazardous, kids in the vehicle, etc.) Some of the people don't even have "all-season" tires let alone snow tires, half of them don't have basics like a warm jacket, gloves, and a hat. Never mind a shovel and/or tire chains.