Got a 6100 w attachments

/ Got a 6100 w attachments #1  

wjoerob

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 6100
Just bought a B6100DT 4x4 in good condition. With it I got a 48" bush hog, a flat blade, a scoop, a box tooth grader, a post hole digger with 2 augers, and a one-bottom plow. Didn't know you could put on a backhoe or front end loader until I started looking on this forum. Looks like more complicated work than I should try as a newbie. Tractor has ag tires front and back in good condition.
I've got 20 acres, raise some animals (llamas and sheep), do some gardening.
Tractor has been well maintained, but hour meter is broken. Bought it from a friend I trust, he said he tried to replace just the meter, and it did no good. He used it for some finish grading at our church as the most recent project. Would appreciate any ideas on what kinds of work are good to try with the 6100 and what to avoid.
Three full cylinders of raw power! Ooh-ooh-ooh!:D :D

/ Got a 6100 w attachments #2  
Welcome to TBN.

When I got my B1750 the meter was not working either - took it apart and the cable was bent badly so I got a new one from tractorsmart.com.

Anyway what can you do with 6100? Just start using your implements and you will find what your limits are. You can do almost anything - just some stuff will take longer or is hard on you or the tractor. For instance you can use your dirt scoop to move several cubic yards of dirt - but it's gonna be a pain in the neck - literally:)

/ Got a 6100 w attachments #3  
You'll be amazed what the little beast will do. Just realize it doesn't weigh alot. I have a FEL on mine and it will easily lift the rear with weight in the bucket so I have the tires set as wide as possible and put weight on the 3ph. No ROPS so be extra careful.

My hour guage did not work either, I found a wiring issue. It should be grounded on one side of the meter and 12volts on the other when the key is on. Otherwise get to know it with lots of seat time.

/ Got a 6100 w attachments #4  
I have a B6100 4 wheel drive and I have put a front end loader on it and Love it One great little tractor.
I also just put the R-4 tires on it does very good and will not tear up the yard.