Quick Hitches Got a good deal on Speeco Quick Hitch

/ Got a good deal on Speeco Quick Hitch #1  

CharlieTR

Gold Member
Tractor
Long LongTrac
I just got a quick hitch and remembered that was some talk about quick hitches not compatible with some implements. But can't remember which one(s). The deal was really good so if it doesn't work with some things that's ok by me. Only paid 84 bucks for it from a farm supply store going out of biz (in Bonham TX on hwy 56 if your near by).

Thanks

/ Got a good deal on Speeco Quick Hitch #2  
I've got a Speedco on my smaller tractor and I've been very happy with it. Because the top hook is adjustable, I have found I could hook it to almost everything with the exception of my small (60 gal) sprayer and my cone spreader. There just isn't enough room to get the hook in. I might be able to make it work but it's easier to either take the hitch off or use my other tractor that has Pat's Easy Change System on it. The down side to the Speedco, is that you have to buy the bottom hook adapters if you want a tight fit. They are bigger than Cat II pins so I can't use the implements that have them with anything else. Tractor Supply usually carries them for $21 a pair.

/ Got a good deal on Speeco Quick Hitch #3  
Think the problems with some impliments is as Mike said, top link design was such the hook on the quick mount hitch won't fit. Nothing saying you couldn't mod the top link on the impliment so the hook would work. Now if there was a quick mount hitch where you didn't have to get off the tractor to connect the PTO shaft.