Got bored, took the yanny on a country drive

/ Got bored, took the yanny on a country drive #1  

artfull dodger

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 420 garden tractor
Its one slow saturday afternoon here. So, I fired up the yanny and took about an hour side road cruise. I havent really worked it at full power since putting the new muffler on a week ago. I noticed that when I pulled the old one, there was lots of oily residue in the pipe. I think the person that modified the old muffler made it to restrictive, always sounded way to quiet out the pipe. You could tell the old one had been welded on quite a bit, almost looked homemade, and it might have been! Anyhow, when I put the foot throttle to the floor and went up the hill just as I got started, I fogged that hill quite nicely! Nice blue/grey/black cloud of unburnt diesel and that oily residue burning off, by the time I topped the hill she was running clean and clear. She ran clear the rest of the ride as long as I was at 3/4 to full power. At idle she still smokes a bit. She was quite the slobber stack after the rebuilt as I didnt get a chance to really work the diesel right away. Since running the chipper shredder for several hours at full power, that seems to have gone away, I just had to burn off the excess crud in the exhaust passages. It was a nice ride, although a bit cold. Mike