Got My 4' Rotary!

/ Got My 4' Rotary! #11  
Re: Got My 4\' Rotary!

Weird, PaulB? Possibly. Or lying? Most likely./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Not even I am that old, and I know you're a lot younger than I./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

How long before you need to mow again, JimBinMI? If it ever gets as dry up there as it is here, a looonnnng time./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ Got My 4' Rotary! #12  

Paul,
Lets see. Number of hours of enjoyment with Cindy and Heather vs. number of hours of enjoyment on tractor. Long term gratification vs. short term gratification. I think I would make em wait also.

Ches

/ Got My 4' Rotary!

PaulB,

Thanks for the laughs! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I can't say that I agree though...I might be thinking "how long will I have this tractor, I can mow later" and "would they actually wait?". /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I did finish the field tonight, except for getting the edges closer like I want to. I was mowing for at least 45 mins. to an hour with the headlights on, pitch black out by the time I got done. Seems like I just had 80 hrs. on the tractor and I use it a little, got the rotary and wow...95 hours on it now! I need to get an oil filter, oil, and do the rest of the 100 hour maintenance! More fun times! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Got My 4' Rotary! #14  

You could ask if they would like a ride on the tractor /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

/ Got My 4' Rotary! #15  

Now Rowski, haven't you read your operators manual? That would be unsafe (not to mention somewhat distracting).

/ Got My 4' Rotary! #16  

Paul,

Sorry man. I love my little Kubota but that is a no brainer. On the other hand, the odds of my wife sending that note are about as good as the odds of my B21 having grown into a D9 over night./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Got My 4' Rotary! #17  

I sure do like my tractor but I'll say this I also know where that kill knob is and if I ever saw a sight like that in a field around where I live---I do believe that knob would be getting pulled out and the tractor engine would be shut down pto still running and all!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

But I can relate to what your line of thought is---but not anywhere that extreme thats all. I would have to take the birthday present and then go back to cutting with a really BIG smile on my face!!! We can dream can't we! The only thing that I may see walking out of the woods is a couple of deer or a rabbit so I have no worries there I guess.

Gordon

/ Got My 4' Rotary! #18  

Well Mark we have something in common other than an orange tractor. The chances of getting a note like that from my wife are about the same!!!
Gordon

/ Got My 4' Rotary! #19  

Jim,

Congtats on the new mower!! I bought the same one for my B2100. I couldn't stop cutting things either. My father lives across the street from me and has a 30+ yr old Cub Cadet riding mower. Nice tractor, but the steering linkage is failing and it is very hard to drive. My dad is 69 and steering for a long time bothers his shoulder. Since I got the mower for my tractor, his 2 acre field is mowed at least once a week!! The bad thing for me is that he is retired and has more time to have fun with my tractor than I do. This fall, after the weeds die, I am going to walk through my property and cut all of the little stumps flush with the ground so that next year, I can use the mower without fear. Good luck with it and have fun.

Mike.