Got my mom on the Massey.

/ Got my mom on the Massey. #1  

Topkicker

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
We had a sunny day here in IN and my mother was up for the hollidays. I had got some mulch to put around the trees and she wanted to help out. I ended up with the rake.

IMG00378.jpg

/ Got my mom on the Massey. #2  
Looks like she really had a good time. :) My mom wont drive my tractor or riding mower no matter how much I offer. :(

/ Got my mom on the Massey.
Looks like she really had a good time. :) My mom wont drive my tractor or riding mower no matter how much I offer. :(

My mother retired this past year from her job with the state of GA. She's simply known as "The 4H lady". She taught me to drive a stick shift in the church parking lot when I was 15. I enjoy her more than she"ll ever know. She's ran everything from a tractor to a county fair petting zoo.:laughing:

/ Got my mom on the Massey. #4  
Worth 1000 words..priceless.

/ Got my mom on the Massey. #5  
So... how's that rake workin' out for ya? :laughing::laughing:

Really, though nice of you let your Mom help; sounds like she had a great time.:thumbsup:

/ Got my mom on the Massey. #6  
Topkicker; very nice. I'm sure it was a day to remember for years to come. You Mom looks very comfortable and I'll bet she had a great time :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Got my mom on the Massey. #7  
My Mom was always willing to drive the tractor, even got her to mow the yard with the ZTR so I could weed eat (was about 77 when she started driving the Kubota ZTR).

Lost her this spring. I envy you getting to have your Mom on your tractor. Don't think I have any photos of mom on mine - but I do have one of her driving the Pontiac Solstice with the top down.

/ Got my mom on the Massey.
My Mom was always willing to drive the tractor, even got her to mow the yard with the ZTR so I could weed eat (was about 77 when she started driving the Kubota ZTR).

Lost her this spring. I envy you getting to have your Mom on your tractor. Don't think I have any photos of mom on mine - but I do have one of her driving the Pontiac Solstice with the top down.

I'm very sorry for your loss. My father passed away Dec 1, 2003. I know how it feels to loose a parent. I don't get to see my mother as much as I would like. Living 600+ miles away makes it hard. It's nice that she's retired now and gets to visit more often. She still does volunteer work for the 4H. I would give anything for my dad to see the new Massey. His father (Papa) was a farmer and had a garden up till the year he past. His last tractor was a Massey. When I'm out mowing the field or turning ground this coming Spring, I hope they're both looking down saying "Carry on, son. Carry on."

/ Got my mom on the Massey. #9  
My mom LOVES my lil massey 205...I think her favorite is the lil motobike sounding horn cause I have the horses trained to get out the way with it lol When she goes out to do chores with me it reminds me of a child at times...'no, wait for it to warm up a bit. no, not yet. OK FINE, get on' ;)

I don't remember any massey fans in my family (Ford mostly) but I do remember my grampa telling me to be different and do what works best for me to make me smile...so I think he'd forgive me for now, and hope I get a ford or two later on lol especially being my first tractor, it's amazing some of the (childhood/passed relatives) memories that pop up just doing lil things with it...

/ Got my mom on the Massey. #10  
I did not have a real good experience with my mom on my Kubota. Was a small 4" dia fur tree across the road. I said, oh just push it out of the way. Well she did not have the bucket vertical and the tree roade up and caught her mid chest. Good thing she is in great shape and that was one day I wish I did not have a high back bucket. When it pushed her back in the seat she could no longer reach the pedals and the tractor just kept going. She was bruised for a couple of months and step dad was pissed off. I kinda am more careful now about who gets on the tractors. Some of the newer tractors probably stop when you get off the pedals but mines all gear.