Got My New Trailer Today...SWEEET!!

/ Got My New Trailer Today...SWEEET!! #11  
Beautiful trailer Bart!

What's the length?

Did you add welded grab hooks or D rings to the frame rails?

/ Got My New Trailer Today...SWEEET!!
Thanks!

Not yet on the D rings, Cajun Bob, but I have that in mind and will return to the dealer for that as soon as I can figure out where they should go, and how many. Right now I am concerned with boxing in or making arrangements for some temporary / semi permanent push wall at the front three edges so I can off load material with a FEL. Once I figure that out (probably 14" hardi backer strips screwed to top rail and toe rail), then cut holes in the push boards to accomodate straps, then I can plan where D rings can go.

Have noted a lot of resistance with various dealers to floor mounted D rings due to a seeming lack of sufficient anchor (their sense not mine - I think they think I'll try to tie the tractor down with them... and rip them out). Dealers generally have suggested perimeter welded D rings, and I just dont want to go to fast on something that could seriously affect my ability to make a clean scoop.

Ideas?

BTW - I am from Red Stick - what part of the heart are you from.

Gettin ready for the fall Jambalaya cookin season at my house. Have a round bellied pot, a special cooker and my own recipe I like to show off from time to time. First cool front came this weekend (that wasnt connected to a hurricane). Refreshing. Last week it was 106 in Austin!!

Hope you and yours are well.

/ Got My New Trailer Today...SWEEET!! #13  
It looks like you have stake rails slots already on the trailer -use them instead of adding D-rings IMO...you will have much more strength using the stake rail slots...just get the proper chains and lock it down with a chain tensioner....

Nice trailer....

Duc

/ Got My New Trailer Today...SWEEET!! #14  
Bart,

Don't blame you on D rings on floor. Gotta have a smooth floor!

I'm partial to grab hooks on the side of the main rails. That way, the chain wraps 90 Deg, and is not as likely to break the welds.

I'm in Eunice. Also enjoying the cooler weather... if you can call 90 Deg cool!

/ Got My New Trailer Today...SWEEET!! #15  
SeaSalt, How much did that hitch cost? I have been looking for one of those...

/ Got My New Trailer Today...SWEEET!! #16  
Nice trailer. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Then I looked in your bio to see what you are going to haul with it. Didn't find anything under tractor model. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Finally started to read the thread again. There was my answer at the bottom of your first post. Tractor is sure going to look great loaded on the trailer. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Of course we will need pictures of trailer loaded. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Got My New Trailer Today...SWEEET!! #17  
I've been eyeing one of those, too. If it's what I think it is, it is called the "Rapid Hitch" {HERE} and runs about $150 at the discount trailer/hitch places.

/ Got My New Trailer Today...SWEEET!! #18  
Well before you go out and buy a hitch like that be sure you realize that it is the wrong one for a moderate to heavy load. Looks nice and will be great for a single axle 4x8 or something. Or running the pictured trailer around empty.

You need a WD hitch assembly to be within ratings on the pictured truck and dang near any larger truck. Look at the hitch receiver for starters. You will see the label limits your non-WD hitch load to 5000 lbs trailer and 500 tongue. I have seen the newest GM 3/4 ton hitches a little higher but look at the sticker to check.

The appropriate WD hitch system for that trailer will be between 270$ and 500$ depending on brand. The right hitch ahs many benefits to make towing a little too heavy more pleasant.

At least look at the ball and be sure that it is rated for more than the anticipated max load.

Nice trailer. It looks like lots of time was spent on the details.

/ Got My New Trailer Today...SWEEET!! #19  
Do these guys have a web site?

/ Got My New Trailer Today...SWEEET!! #20  
<font color="blue">Do these guys have a web site? </font>
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Do you mean Rapid Hitch. Click Here
Or WD (Weight Distribution) Hitch. Click Here