Got the hearing aids

/ Got the hearing aids #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
Yesterday I picked up my new hearing aids. Since I have never worn hearing aids I did not know what to expect. I certainly did not expect what I experienced! The hearing aids are not like just turning up the volume. They instead helped to correct some of what I have lost. Anyway, I am hearing things that I have not heard for years. It is kind of overwhelming. But I like it. I had no idea what I had lost until I used the hearing aids. All the more reason for me to get on my soapbox and tell you young folks to please wear hearing protection! Everybody really should wear hearing protection around loud noises. But I am hearing sounds now that I haven't heard for at least 30 years. It would truly be a shame to know about hearing protection and neglect to use it.
Eric

/ Got the hearing aids #5  
I am glad they have worked out well for you. I am sure they are in my future as well. I just hope to have as good of experience as you have had.

/ Got the hearing aids #6  
Great to hear (pun intended)! Would you share the brand & model you purchased?
I'm there. The draw back to the ones I've rated top choice is they only interface with iPhones. My work phone is an iPhone. I hate iPhones (not just because it's my work phone 😆)

/ Got the hearing aids #7  
It is quite amazing. The technology now in hearing aides is finally catching up. I went from an old set of Phonaks to a new set and that difference was unbelievable.

/ Got the hearing aids #8  
My Father in law and I went yesterday 12/22/2023 and picked ours up and you are correct I'm hearing things I haven't heard in years and somethings I still don't want to hear. It is a little over whelming, shoot I didn't realize my mouse clicked so loud.

/ Got the hearing aids #9  
The audiologist that i got my first pair from programmed them to ramp up so as not to overwelmed Mr as i adjusted to them.

/ Got the hearing aids #10  
The one thing I wish hearing aids would do is also provide protection from loud noises too.